Rascal Bunched Up...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetSassy

Reaction score
This morning I woke up and found Rascal bunched up in a corner. He didn't come to eat veggies, & he's always first in line. I noticed he was raising his tail like he was trying to poo or pee. He moved to a different corner staying bunched up. So I took him to my vet. The exam found nothing.

They gave him fluids, antibotics, and benebac. And critical care since he wouldn't eat this morning. This just happened over night. I didn't get to talk to doc cause I was a walk-in. he examined him in back. Why is Rascal bunching up & raising tail?

He peed as soon as we got home. I figured from the fluids. Pee was normal. Thanks In advance!!! :)

He may have had gas and you could have given 1 cc of somethicone (baby gas drops) and you may not have needed all the other. You can repeat simethicone 3 times in a 3-5 hour period.
.. and I would get some and try it (Mylicon Infant drops or Gas X ; read the label on the back as simethicone should be primary active ingredient without anything else added)

Did the vet suspect a bladder infection or just give you antibiotics for no reason. ?

if he did not suspect an infection it is really not smart to give antibiotics ...absolutely !!
If he suspected an infection then that is fine but should have told you so or asked you to make another appointment so that more tests could be done.

benebac is good either way.

you can still give simethicone with the other meds

I think your vet gave him a quick once over because you were a walk- in.

He gave antibotics just incase they missed something. He didn't check urine. Just a exam. I will give Sim .drops to him. I think I may still have some. He goes back for re-check in a week.

What does lifting tail mean? Do they lift tail with gas? He peed when we got home, looked normal yellow. Haven't seen him poo yet today. We've been home couple hours. I seperated him from Daisy so I can watch for pee & poo output.

Thanks!

It sounds to me like he was trying to poo or pee. The fluids, benebac, and simethicone should help. If you have any pain meds, they can help too, because gas and GI stress can be quite painful.

Question: Rascal hasn't peed since 1;30 pm this afternoon. When the vet gave fluids. Should I syringe him water too? Giving Meds, critical care & simethicone drops. I can't tell if he's drinking.

Sure, syringe him some water if you want. I don't know of a rule like "bunnies need to pee every X hours," so it's your discretion. I'd give as much as he'll take, up to 50 mL.

Latest posts

Back