Random Rabbit Questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatrachel

Reaction score
I am new here so I thought I would ask a few questions about my rabbit. She is an almost 2 year old lop.
1. Is it bad if she does not eat the special poop? Lately she has beenunable to eat them since they fall into the litter pan she cannot getto rather than in her personal litter box.
2. Can rabbits eat avacado? I am curious if this is a safe vegetable or not. I have not found any reference to it.
3. Our bad lionhead rabbit (yes we bought 2) can jump out of smallanimal pens that are 30inches high. We want one that both of thebunnies can enjoy (but seperately). Any suggestions on good ones andplaces to get them. We need atleast over 3 ft to keep the lionhead in.I think the lop is unaware of how to jump over things :p

Thank you! I attached a pic of the lionhead as well.

Welcome :)

There are some wonderful threads with lots of helpful links at the topof the forum. I think you should find links to safe veggiesand things like that on those threads.

As far as the cecals, she should be eating those directly from herbehind, not from the litterbox. Are you sure those are goingthere?

I have seen a pen that actually has a nice net you can get (sturdy net)that goes over the top. They are the dog playpens atPetsmart. They are probably well over 30 inches high aswell....

I hope this helps :)

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I have seen a pen that actually has a nice net you can get (sturdy net)that goes over the top. They are the dog playpens atPetsmart. They are probably well over 30 inches high aswell....

We've got the shorter model of that one.

I was thinking about getting the net covering. I think they even have anet cover with a shade on half to keep the buns outta the sun :cool:.

She is adorable and such but is quite a littlevicious bunny. We think of her as a kitty trapped in a rabbit body. Shealways goes after the lop who is good natured and our hands. We had noidea rabbits grunted until we had her. We had the lop for 3 monthsbefore we got Nala and she never grunted. In fact Buttercup has grunted2 times in the time we have had her, while Nala would be countlesstimes. Buttercup (the lop) got her little ears nipped a few times and Ifelt so bad for her. So they get individual play times to preventfurther fights.

As for the cecals...they are definately falling into the pan. She usedto keep them in her litter box and conxume them throughout the day. Doall rabbits make them?

All rabbits make cecals and they need to consumethem to get vitamins from them. Are you sure she isn't atleast eating some directly from her bottom? Usually rabbitsconsume them as they are coming out.

As for a play pen....Marshalls makes a pen...I'm not sure how high, butyou can get a mat that fits over either the top or thebottom. It is blue, so you don't have to worry about the sunbut I guess it might trap heat. Once I move, I'm going tobuild a wire pen with a top and a bottom to prevent digging.I'm going to cover 1/2 with wood for shade. I have the plansmy boyfriend's dad (a contractor) designed. I could send themto you if you'd like.

Jen

I've got a bun, 10 years old, (living at my mom'shouse) who dropped his in the pan all the time. He probably eats a fewwhen I'm not looking.

I wouldn't worry about it, really. It's something they do in private,so you probably wouldn't see her doing it anyway. And if they've got awire floor, they're bound to miss a few, and they'll fall through. Butunless she starts to get sick, there's probably nothing to worry about.Just watch your bun and make sure they're healthy in every other way.

Also, I've been told they have some in themorning and some in the evening...... I am not sure of the validity ofthat information.

Ok...I hope she is eating some (especially when Iam not looking :shock: ). The Marshall pen was too low for the jumperso I guess we will go with a dog pen. I was thinking maybe I will tryto make one out of those Neat Cubes. Has anyone tried this? Thanks!

I can't find that thread.
confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe someone else knows where it is (I don't remember the name to search for it)

Thanks...her nose is really cool. I think it islike the silver fox rabbit or something. I looked it up once:p Anywayshere is a better picture.

Latest posts

Back