rabbits together

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beans_mommy

Reaction score
got a ?? beans has a newfriend a baby mini was wondering if i canlet them be in the same cage for a little bit ( both havethere own cages) thought maybe would bring them closer?? andsuggestions please!! thanks donna(beans_mommy)

I was lucky and found two bunnies (literally,found them, roaming the streets of my neighborhood, a week beforeEaster) and they were both already fiercely bonded. ThereforeI have no problems at all with the two of them staying in the same cagetogether. In fact, I think I would have moretrouble if I tried to separate them. So, yes, they CAN livetogether IF they are bonded. May want to do some research onbonding bunnies (how/when/where to do it). I really don'thave that info but I know I have seen others post links to instructionson here before so hopefully they can help you as well. I haveseen that you have to be very careful as some bunny pairs just don'twant to be bonded and could fight a lot.... doing a lot of damage toeach other in the process. I would think moving the cagescloser together would be a start at least.... others (that know morethan I :D) can expound on those directions. Best of luck withit.

-Cheryl

If they are male and female you prolly don't wantto put them together as if they are over three months old she will beable to become pregnat. I also know that if they ar two females theywill probably bod together better than if two males because usually thetwo males will fight. Hope this helps

Robert

thanksrobertsthey are 2 females (purposely)so i am gonna try them in one cage while i can see whathappens so that the mini wont gethurt beans is one bigggggggggggggggggbunny and getting bigger by theday dont want the baby to get hurt ........ty somuch for ur help!!!

trampand pigeon...........ty also for ur help i appriciateit a wholelotim new to the bunny raising but boy am ienjoying it!!!!!:D

Hi there

My rabbits are still very young but I've gathered a few hints and tipsin preparation for that happy day when they all live together - ormaybe not, depending! This is not a comprehensive list by the way.There is a very good website by a woman who's bonded loads of rabbitstogether, but it seems to be offline at the moment

Don't put them in a cage together too fast, they should have at least acouple of weeks getting to know each other outside the cage.

Don't put them together in a cage unless they're being affectionatetowards each other, grooming and lying down together and not fightingat all.

Make sure the cage has plenty of room for two.

It's best if they meet face to face on neutral ground first, somewhereneither rabbit regards as territory. Do this for short periods of time,gradually increasing the amount.

Keeping them in cages next to each other lets them get used to eachother without the risk of them fighting. Also you might get a roughidea of how they feel about each other.

When they are happy in each other's territory and cages then they SHOULD hopefully be happy together :)

I'm slowly introducing my newest rabbit girl to my two rabbit sisters,they seem to like each other at the moment, but I'm no way ready to besure enough to put them in the same cage yet. Rabbits, as I discoveredthe hard way, can have VERY quick changes of mood!

Kate

Good advice, Rowan.

Also, Donna, the House Rabbit Society(http://www.rabbit.org/) has some great articles on bondingrabbits, and if you can find an HRS educator in your area, they canhelp smooth out some of the rough spots.

Hope everything goes well.

~M

:XDo NOT let them livetogether!!!!!!!!:XBeans will have already made thehutch/cage his home:X!!:shock:And will fightthe new rabbit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shock:

Latest posts

Back