Rabbits teeth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynsey harry

Reaction score
Hi . I have a 8 year old bunny with snuffles And I’ve noticed his bottom teeth are long . He’s eating , not dribbling and his weight is stable . My question is how safe is it at his age to put under for a dental ? And are dentals quite safe !? I’m worried I’ll lose him if I put him under and he’s been through so much over the past 2 years and pulled through it all 🙈❤️

If you are referring to his front teeth, he shouldn't have to be sedated to have them trimmed. It doesn't hurt the rabbit and unless it is an extremely nervous bunny, front teeth trimming should be pretty simple and quick.

I would recommend talking him to the vet. He would need antibiotics for his snuffles, and then you could ask about dentals. It generally is safe to have an older rabbit to have their teeth trimmed, and as Cloverhouse said, it’s not very likely that he’d need to be sedated.

If you are referring to his front teeth, he shouldn't have to be sedated to have them trimmed. It doesn't hurt the rabbit and unless it is an extremely nervous bunny, front teeth trimming should be pretty simple and quick.
He’s booked in for Monday and the vets said they can trim them just wrap him in a towel 😊and it needs be a little gas if he kick s off so not as bad as I thought

That is very good to know! Theo's top teeth are too long and need to be trimmed down. I need to call my vet about getting him in, but I don't want to take him in until the HRD vaccine comes out. I'm not taking any chances without a vaccine.

Latest posts

Back