Rabbits & Rain

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't put my rabbit out in the rain. ;) I don't think they would like it.
Parasites seem to come out a lot in warm, wet places, so rabbits grazing on grass just after a rain are more apt to get parasites/worms.

If rain got down in their ears it could also be bothersome. Just best to keep them out of the rain. :)

Emily

Okay because i was just sitting outside in their area of our front lawn and they were playing together our 4 month old LuLu (White with Broken redish/ orangish and my 9 week old Oreo (White with broken black) and then it started to rain really bad and LuLu started being crazy running really fast but Oreo just went and hid under the hutch door to keep dry

In their part of the lawn they have a 1.25m x 450mm piece of plasterboard up against the wall to keep warm and dry and be in the dark.

Sorry about the long message :biggrin:

My buns don't mind if it rains on them if they are running around the yeard but if it pours they will lay on the porch/patio that is covered or go under the hutch. I usually go fetch one or both from under the hutch wrap them up ina bunny burrito towel and dry em off. Get a lot of cuddling after this usually.

My 2 bunnies loove the rain i have an outdoor house for them with a side door so they can go in or out anytie of the day and evertime that's it's rained, i'd see them running through it like crazy. So if your are anything like mine then i think it's natural.

I don't think a little rain will hurt rabbits. But I wouldn't leave them out in the rain without somewhere they can go to stay dry. Their fur is so dense it has to be a real downpour for them to get really wet, but if they get soaked, they don't dry quickly and if it's cold they can get chilled.

Hope that helps!

Rue

Latest posts

Back