"Rabbits make lousy pets" Article

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!! His rabbits were just being rabbits. I don't understand why he kept the two together after he realized he had a girl and a boy bunny and blamed Spaz for his behavior. I have had two puppies both destructive throughout the first year the first was a 18 lb Sheltie that ate my walls, mattress and part of the bed. The second is nearly 100 lbs and he ate the couch, love seat, bed, the corners of various furniture Japanese Maple and dug up the yard.

This is what I'd say to that man
I pray for the souls of those few rabbits. Why talk about how bad they are when you never pointed out that the time you had with them was lovely. I also do not appreciate your decision in the first paragraph of "my 4 and a hlaf year long experiment" I did believe we were talking about pets, not lab pets.
All animals are destructive whether they're trained or not. There is no such thing as a "perfect pet" all animals have fault as same with humans, humans are destructive, boring, ill-tempered, unrewarding people. But why then do you have a wife?
Because they give love when you treat them right. They'll become more friendly and funny and unboring. Tell me that every single human are all the same. Now tell me that you treat them all the same.
All animals require love whether you love them or not, I ask you. When you walked in to greet your bunnies what was their temperment like? What was your temperment like. All animals take time and care and loads of money. Even fish, guinea pigs, rats, mice etc. They take lots of money because you really care about them and want them to have an amazing life. Your reward in turn is a happy animal. The way you described your rabbits was as if they are just a source of entertainment. Love is not a source of entertainment.
Jj

Dude - don't hate because your rabbits thought you sucked.

Btw Humma runs (ears flapping) up to greet me whenever I enter the room, standing on his hind legs begging for a nose rub. :biggrin: I love all bunnies, but there's nothing like those lop ears defying gravity mid-hop.

Yea, very unaffectionate.....I hope his rabbits didn't suffer as much as I fear they did...

Well at least he'll never get a rabbit again. But he definately sounds like one of those people who wants to stick a pet in a corner and not have it misbehave. Part of having an animal, they do that and unlike humans they aren't smart enough to realize that their natural behavior might upset us.

Maybe he should just stick to taking care of his kid and forget animals.

I don't understand why he let the female stay in with the male after the first pregnancy? it's so unbelievably cruel I honestly can't make any sense of it...

And I like cats but the cats I know are only affectionate because they 'want" to be petted not to show they love you. and I've baby sat dogs for 2 weeks and by the time the owner came back they already forgotten who they were because I was the one feeding them...

I'm not saying bunny's are better than cats or dogs but they're all honestly the same if you treat them the right way they do the right thing to make their way to your heart.

Latest posts

Back