Rabbits licking owners?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielle_92

Reaction score
hello :) I have 2 questions. My gorgerous bunny has started licking me over the past couple of months ... what does this mean? Is it good to reward her back by petting her? (thats what ive been doing)
my other question is my bunny will only eat what i give her ..... if my mum or kids offer her food she refuses it, is this common?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Rabbit Forum mobile app

Your grooming her and she's grooming you--definite affection. Some of ours are real picky eaters and the others would go after anything from anyone--depends on the bunny we guess.

I have one bun that might give me a lick twice a year. The other two who are newer to me and still shy have both licked me or others each day for the past few days.

My one bun will only take food he has had before from me. If I try to give him something new it must be placed in his bowl or he won't touch it. Buns just all have different personalities and different quirks but that's makes them loveable.

I have two little buns boy and girl who lick me and my partner and if they're not licking us they're licking each other! Absolutely adore them. Will post pics soon as I just joined

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

oh I didnt know she was grooming me .... thats a good thing right?

oh I didnt know she was grooming me .... thats a good thing right?

Its her way of saying 'I love you' that's how they let you know. It's their way of showing affection.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

you are lucky if your bunny is grooming you, she does love you. Some bunnies like licking more than others but it´s always a sign of affection. All buns are different with food. Sometimes, mine take a while to check out new food and I have to put it in a bowl as well so they have time to sniff and taste. You´ll start to learn more from your bun as you both get to know each other better.

Latest posts

Back