Rabbits and Kittens

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimplyBritt

Reaction score
Okay to start off I rescued a 6 week old kitten about four days ago. One look at this kitten and I knew I had to take her. Not saving her wasn't an option. I've been trying to introduce the new kitten and my rabbits slowly especially considering my rabbits are so full of pent up hormones. Luckily my male is getting fixed in a couple of weeks. My male doesn't seem to mind her. He's curious like he's trying to figure out what she is. I'm more concerned with the kitten hurting him because she thinks he's a play thing. All animals are supervised while they are out and in the same room together.
With Belle it's another story. She is not happy with our new arrival. I've already starting having "problems" with her lately. She's becoming more aloof and when she decides to come out of her cage she refuses to be put back in unless it's her choice. I can relate. Her personality is really changing into grumpy bunny and seems like all the bonding I've already done with her is slowly being unraveled. She will attack the kitten if she sees her so I try to keep them separated but with my male and female not fixed and our tiny space it's not so easy. Belle already hates her cage time and gates being separated from her Buddy Sir William so it just makes her grumpy.
So to get to my question finally how do I teach her that the kitten isn't so bad and how should I react when she does attack and not potentially sabotage my relationship with my rabbit? As long as the kitten isn't on the floor Belle is fine. Right now my two girls are staying apart until I can keep one from hurting the other.
Also for all you cat and rabbit owners, how do you keep your rabbits out of the litter box? Mine HAS to stay on the ground and close to the kittens food. Both of my rabbits like sitting in it even though they each have their own.

Latest posts

Back