Rabbits and Kittens!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brodie

Reaction score
Hello, I thought I would tell everyone about thecutest little sevensome(I don't know what else to call it) that I havein my house right now. I have five rabbits, three of which are onlyfive months old, and the other two are their parents and ofcourseadults. I also acquired 3 months ago, a pair of 5week old burmesekittens. They belonged to my neighbours cat, who had them in theceiling of my barn. When they were 5weeks they fell from the ceilinginto a stall and the female kitten broke her leg, and the male seemedto of smacked his head. The mother abandoned them, some I called theneighbour to see if they wanted them back or what, and they said no,then hung up on me. So I kept them, took them to the vet, got them allpatched up and started bottle feeding them.

They aren't to far in age from my baby bunnies and they havealways been very interested in each other. Lately the kittens have beenhanging out with the rabbits more and more. It has gotten to the pointthat they groom each other, play together, the kittens now sleep in therabbit cage at times, and I even caught Pudge eating rabbit food theother day out of the same dish as Lint. My threeolder catsget along with the rabbits okay but have never liked them thismuch.my one oldercat Tobi wrestles with Lint, theylump on each other and chase around,Then Tobi wraps all ofher legs aroundLints body and licks his face.Theyplay like that for hours, but Tobi never sleeps inside, on the thirdlevel of the rabbit cage with them.

It is the cutest thing I have ever seen, but it has kind of messed upmy plans. I was going to find a home for the kittens, because I alreadyhave three cats. I feel bad seperating them from their rabbit buddies,and to be honest I am starting to really love them!! I can just see itnow, I will end up keeping them. I will be a crazy womanwithfive cats, five rabbits, a gigantic150lb dog, and threeparrots.I am seriously losing my mind, I forgot tomention two lizards and four horses. Youknow it doesn't seemthat bad untilyou actually write it down and look at thenumbers.!!!I guess what counts is that everyone is well takencare of, spoiled actually and that I have the time to spend witheveryone, since I work from home. Ohh what am I thinking!!

Anywho, I wil take some pics of the Kittens with the Buns and post them soon!!!

Thanks, Meg and her huge animal family!!

Pics please!

postpics.gif

lol. just be carful. instincts can always kick in >.<

I wish I could work from home to be with my animals all day too haha.

I have been verycareful, I know all towell that instincts can kick in at any time. I had a friends dog whohad been around my cats for years, get over excited and kill my oldbarn cat George. When I'm not around the rabbits are put back in theircage, which is a 5' tall x 4'wide ferret cage that has a 5'x5' areafenced off in front of it that the cats can't get into. Myold cats have lived with rabbits for their entire lives- cougar is9yrs, Tobi 5yrs and Theo 3yrs. My cats have all come into a house wheretha rabbits were the older established animals, so my buns did a prettygood job of putting the kitties in their place at times. I have alsohad my parrots longer than the cats and they never even pay anyattention to the cages any more, although I never let the birds outwhen the cats are in the bird room!!

I want to post pics but my camera is being fixed right now, and I amlosing my mind because I am missing so many great photo ops right now.If I don't get it back soon I am gonna start pulling out my hair when Imiss moments like today when Stevie fell asleep curled up on the couchwith my dog. I have taken the odd pic with my crappy camera phone butit's just not the same!!

Meg

Latest posts

Back