Rabbits and Chickens?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skybunny11

Reaction score
Well I have 10 baby chicks, all absolutly adore my big bunny Ace. I am started to construct there coop, I would like to know if rabbits and chickens can live together peacefully if the chicks are raised with the rabbit?

I wouldn't do it. Chickens can be aggressive. Also, I don't know what kind of parasites and worms might be in their poo, but if they're living with the bunny you can be sure that the bunny will ingest a lot of their poo while eating grass. It's just not safe. Build them runs next to each other so they can see and interact without being in the same space.

No, I wouldn't at all.
For all the reasons everyone said plus they eat different foods and a lot of chicken feeds are medicated and can kill your rabbit, and believe me, they will try and eat it! I have caught my rabbits in a sack of chicken feed before :p I have ducks, chickens and rabbits. Plus rabbits are just way cleaner then chickens and a rabbit wouldn't enjoy having to walk around in the chickens stinky droppings :)

Latest posts

Back