Rabbitry Update

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolWaterRabbitry

Reaction score
This past month has been full of moments. :p Time for an update on the rabbitries.

Cool Water Rabbitry (mine)

We have cut back quite a bit on our Dwarf Hotots to start breeding for better quality, and have been able to pick up a lovely buck to help with our herd. Currently we have 3. The buck is a tad messy in his eye bands, but I can't complain about his type and his natural willingness to pose. :) Our young jr doe is going to be hitting the show tables this month and I can't wait to hear what the judges say!

Buck:
010.jpg

Doe:
pic1.jpg

Pre-Jr Doe:
017.jpg

The Rhinelanders have been going great as well, all molting currently. :p I'm selling a couple mismarked since the breeder I've been working with has a trio of wonderful show quality RHs that she needs to move out to make room for her litters. She hasn't had much luck with the 13+ litters she's had this year. Almost every litter has had show quality bucks and mismarked does, but this trio I'm getting has two of her only show quality does, so I'm super excited! :biggrin:

With the Rhinelanders we also have a litter coming up on the 11th of Oct. With our newest Sport doe (well, she's not really new anymore):
ContraltoSept2010.jpg

She is huge! I believe she's topping out at 9lbs or so, but is without a doubt the biggest rhine in the barn. :p
She is bred to a lovely buck owned/bred by the breeder that has been working with us:
Banjo.jpg

His sire has granded this year, dam has 2 legs of her own; and this boy as a Sr has earned 2 legs.

I palpated her a few days ago and she has between 4-6 little ones that are getting bigger by the day. :)

Forgotten Paradise Rabbitry (my fiance's even though we co-own both)

His rabbitry has changed course as well. We started out with three Mini Rex, a lilac buck, a chocolate doe, and a sable point buck. Both bucks were bought just for the heck of showing them and not breeding MRs. But one thing led to another, and he has now started breeding them. Although he will not be continuing with Lilacs or Chocolates, he is now focused on Sable Points, Torts, and Black (later on for otters, but currently to breed to the SPs and Torts).

His current stock includes:
Sable Point Buck:
006-2.jpg

I'm not crazy for the way he has filled out, but we're holding onto him for the time being. We've bred him to a couple really nice does.

The new JrBroken Black Doe:
023.jpg

040.jpg

I'm not quite sure which picture is more correct with her posing....I've seen a ton of different ways that people pose mini rex, and I don't want to under or over pose her. She has fur to die for! Not to mention that she has a ton of depth too. She'll be a tad bigger than normal, but I'm loving her as a brood. :)

We also have a Sr Tort doe, but she's molting so bad it's not even funny. :p But she has lovely type and fur (kind of, in her new hair growthareas it feels awesome lol)She's currently bred to the SP buck and I can't wait forher due date.We'll also will be getting a very tiny typie black sr doe who's son won BOSV at Mini Rex Nationals. We'll be getting a Sable Point doe from another breeder and a young Jr broken Tort buck from different breeder. So at least we're moving on the right track. :)

We also have completely updated our websites:
http://www.coolwaterrabbitry.weebly.com/
http://www.forgottenparadiserabbitry.weebly.com/

Let me know what you think! Critiques from the rabbits or websites are welcome. :) I am also going to be redoing a Breeder Directory for both sites, let me know with your rabbitry name, website, breeds you raise, name (your first name at least), and state that you live in; and I'll add you. :)

I believe that is all...for right now. :)

Latest posts

Back