Rabbit youtubers, invented problems?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cloverhouse

Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem that rabbit YouTubers make keeping pet rabbits seem like some incredibly difficult, constantly fraught with danger, extremely brave and dramatic undertaking?

I understand that they need to make their watchers feel compelled to keep coming back, and that fear, self doubt and shame are great motivators but wow, just WOW!

I feel sad that it seems to build so much self doubt and makes rabbit people feel compelled to spend (waste) money on things that really aren't necessary and to constantly think they are killing their pets when they really aren't. Also the amount of apologizing and shame I read in the comments as people guiltily admit that they don't have 2000 sq feet of totally rabbit proof sea grass matted flooring and a 101 toy rotation and don't take their pet to the vet monthly.

Rabbits aren't that difficult to keep, nor are they that fragile or demanding. Seems like we went from not enough information to a plethora of ridiculously over the top information in the space of a few years. People have become ridiculously judgemental of people who don't keep their pets a la...fill in the YouTubers name here, and there's this unnecessary sniping that goes on.

I hope everyone can relax and enjoy their rabbits.

Latest posts

Back