Rabbit with 3 eye colors | Should I be worried?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayDai

Reaction score
Hi so I recently got my boy blueberry last month, he is around 5 months old and has 3 eye colors. His left, bright blue, and his right is brown with silver at the bottom. I haven’t seen anything like it before. I don’t know if he was born with it but his mom is a Dutch lol and his dad is a lion hop, I though maybe it was from such different breeds in him? I don’t know the lion heads eye color but the moms eye color was brown. Should I be worried? He doesnt really respond to following my finger but he listens really well instead. I just don’t want hit to be early cataracts or anything. Any knowledge would be amazing!! I also want to know how rare is it to have this? I know 2 is rare but what do I even call this?

I added a picture of the eye with the silver as well as a picture of his right eye being blue.

Attachments

• 8D38D123-FC52-4C16-BB90-E8B610024361.jpeg
    8D38D123-FC52-4C16-BB90-E8B610024361.jpeg
    518.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 7777CB08-0570-41CF-999B-EB6D733D2AE2.jpeg
    7777CB08-0570-41CF-999B-EB6D733D2AE2.jpeg
    303.9 KB · Views: 20
That's normal. That's just part of the vienna gene (the same gene that causes that white marking on his face). it is completely cosmetic. Also makes me doubt the dad was a dutch. Vienna marked rabbits are commonly mistaken for dutch

That's normal. That's just part of the vienna gene (the same gene that causes that white marking on his face). it is completely cosmetic. Also makes me doubt the dad was a dutch. Vienna marked rabbits are commonly mistaken for dutch
So the mom was part dutch but you can’t er it because she is white, I believe her parents were a Dutch and a lop. Blueberry's sibling one other sibling has the full Rutsch ring and it looks perfect, blueberry’s is not so I know there is Dutch in him I just really can’t tell what he is, in reality he is like a mutt but for a bunny. I don’t know the lion head (dad) to much but the mom was white with spots and has brown eyes, she I assume had the on dutch parent and the one lop, she herself is a mix and the lady I got blueberry from said the mom could even have some satin in her, so it just assumed the eyes were because of all the different breeds in him or like you said the Vienna gene

Back