Rabbit Wheelchairs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pie

Reaction score
So Hubert had a visit to the vet last week. I rang around the vets in town and found one with an interest in exotics! I am so so happy to have a vet for my small animals now. He's had a little bit of loss in mobility recently (I think due to cold weather and lack of movement). The verdict from the vet is that he has had a spinal injury (perhaps dog attack or while being picked up) but that he has feeling in both legs. She said he isn't suffering at this point and it isn't painful for him. He has a great appetite anyway. =P

So at the moment he's quite active but his mobility has suffered. A lot of the time he drags his back legs, but he can use them. He falls over a fair bit as well. I'm going to get some padding for the edges of the cage, so he doesn't fall into anything hard. I'm also getting him to do some exercise (but supporting his weight but he does laps around me) at least twice a day. Oh, and making sure the room is heated for him. I'm currently researching bunny karts, because while this routine is fine now I do work long hours over summer so I don't want his exercise time to suffer.

So has anybody here had experience with paralyzed rabbits or bunny wheelchairs?

I've emailed a few places to ask about pricing and international shipping, but if anybody has first hand experience with any of them I'd love to hear it! =P

7870972416_340bff529d_z.jpg

A dead bunny nap. XD He never used to lie down like this, but I think one day he fell down and realized it was quite comfy. I always panic when I see him like this and grab the treat bag to see if there's a reaction. =P

Aww he looks so sweet!
I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully he gets better instead of worse though.

I don't have any advice, but thought I would share this adorable video instead :)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FeDr3nSBd8&feature=related[/ame]

Latest posts

Back