Rabbit Weight

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orions_girl16

Reaction score
Hey everyone...I was wondering if anyone couldhelp me out here...One of my foster rabbits- Holly needs to lose quitea bit of weight. She is a 5 year old Rex, don't know if that makes adifference. The other foster bun, Gus, is a Polish and he is perfectlyfine, but both of them live in the same cage-Always have-andI want to make sure he gets enough food too... Holly is somewhat of apiglet and he isn't.

So if anyone could help out in what to do so I can make sure that Hollyis on a diet to lose weight but so that Gus can get enough food in aday.

I was thinking about getting another bowl at the other end of the cagefor Gus and one for her. I'm worried Holly would also eat his if shescloser to that one at the time.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

P.s. They always have tons of hay!

If the rex is not a mini-rex she is alot larger than the polish.

What if you made or found a wooden box with an entryway that

the Polish could fit through but the rex couldn't and put an extra

bowl of food in there for him.

Roger L

I had the same issue- a chubby dutch and askinny Polish in one cage. I just sneak the Polish extratreats when they are out, and I encourage the dutch to run and playmore. Have you ever played chase the bunny?

Also, when I feed them their veggies I offer the Polish some choice pieces to make sure she gets enough veggies.

Is there any way to insert a temporary dividerin the cage during feeding time? (I guess this is along the same ideaas Roger's suggestion.) Something you could attach to the wire just forthe duration of their dinner hour...either that or remove one of thebunnies while the other is dining, and then vice versa...

When I got molly a Rex she was a right fatty,she then went into a a unused horse stable so she had loads of room torun she lost her weight and looked great

Back