Rabbit weight

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to get a really good grams scale but from what we know currently, he's around 3.5 pounds.

Of course that might be a bit more from all the craisins. Itseems he can sneak out of his cage, into the kitchen, up on the counterand open the cabinet, open the bag, and get them out all on hisown..... :XI should call Ripley's or something! ;)

BTW I loved the last one..... "I can't pick him up!" :p

Mocha and Spice are both between 6lbs and 7lbs.

To be exact (with rounded values, lol):

Mocha: 6.17lbs

Spice: 6.7 lbs

Cosmos about 4 1/2 pounds, but he's only 4 months, sohe'll double in size!!

Oh, and I would have chosen "can't pick him up", not because he's tooheavy, but because he'll scratch the heck out of me if I do!!haha, but I didn't choose that one, I chose the 3-5 pounds...hehe

Sebastian isbetween 2 1/2 -3 lbs. (give or take a half pound depending on if he'shad a haircut! :p )

I weigh him on my bathroom scales and I don't think it's very accurate! :?

RaspberrySwirl

bunny_lover wrote:
My Checkered Giant, Summer, weighs 18+ pounds, and myRex/Dwarf, Savage, weighs about 2 pounds. :D
Talk about the odd couple! LOL!

raspberry wrote:

Sebastian is between 2 1/2 -3 lbs. (give or take a halfpound depending on if he's had a haircut! :p)
ROFLMBO!!!!

Harold weighed in at 3 pounds when we took him tothe vet. I would guess Judy, though of slightly smaller build is abouta pound, or maybe a half a pound, heavier than Harold. When we got herfrom the HRS she was even more overweight. When they got her she was solarge she couldn't effectively groom herself. She's doing much betterand gradually shedding the weight. We try to moniter her and make sureshe doesn't get more than her share of the food. She's become much moreactive as she loses weight as well, so that just helps even more!

Apollo's 18 pounds?? Wow...monster bunny. hehe

Calvin got weighed at the vet last week, he's 4.8 pounds. Jordan'saround 3 pounds, he's going in for a check up on the 26th so won't knowthe exact amount until then.

I chose "I cant pick him up" which is totallytrue, every time i hold Nimue something ends up hurting after! At 22lbsyou can do a lot of damage!

Nimmy.JPG

~Amy+Nimue~

I've been weighing my rabbits using my bathroomscale, and while i feel it gives me a good estimate of their weight ifeel that it's rather inaccurate. I was wondering if anyone couldreccommend a good type of scale to use when weighing rabbits. I wouldwant to be able to weigh even amaretto who's over 10 lbs, and verysmall creatures such as my husband's reptiles who weigh just a matterof grams. Is there a scale that can do both?

Thanks!
Annie

Back