Rabbit Water Bottle

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haricnair

Reaction score
Today I got two water bottle (Guinea and Small Animals) and I put it for my two rabbits in the same cage. With in an hour they discovered to drink from it. It uses its toung to "roll" (not pull the ball but rolls by licking) and drinks water. Will this prolonged linking will make any problems to their toung? Also I think they are only getting very little amount of water and it takes a lot of time too. Kindly advice.

Many folks use waterbottles and it won't cause teeth or tongue problems , however there have been some cases where a rabbit sustained an eye injury from running into the metal spout.

A rabbit will drink a lot more if given a heavy crock for water.
yes it will need to be changed often and yes it is more work for you but your rabbit will drink more.
you could have a crock of water and a water bottle available if the rabbit's cage is large enough

I've never heard of any kine of tongue injury from a water bottle either.
Some rabbits seem to prefer bottles and others seem to prefer bowls. Really the best thing is to offer both because most will drink more out of a crock, but water bottles stay clean longer and won't evaporate.

Yes its true that their eyes where vulnerable due to this botte nozzle. I felt it when they came near it an plays. :pray:

Latest posts

Back