Rabbit Tricks!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prizm

Reaction score
Hey'yas! I recently adopted a pigeon, of all things:bunny16:carrot and he led me to the desire to learn more about clicker training! I'm rapidly learning a lot through an email group of bird trainers who use clicker training as their primary method of teaching their animals. The first benefit I notice about clicker training is it gives my pigeon something to truly think about. He must unwrap the puzzle of what I'm trying to say and it's rather fun. He isn't quite ready for formal clicker training sessions yet because he only started eating on his own within this past week, but my rabbits are very food motivated and I suspect they'd really enjoy the training and would learn quickly! I'm off of work today and tomorrow and if I have time, I'm going to give it a try. Meanwhile, I was wondering if any of you guys have tried clicker training on your hoppy friends! I'd love to have you share your experiences! :D

I've never tried clicker training, but then again I don't try to train them to do anything other than to behave! I think they train me more than I train them.:D

I have heard of using clicker training with rabbits though, and I think there was an article in a recent issue of Rabbits USA or something like that.

I also know that some people train their rabbits to do jumps and small obstacle course, like dog agility courses. And of course you can train them to beg, ring bells, etc.

Latest posts

Back