Rabbit treats

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpkin-spice

Reaction score
Hello are horse treats okay for rabbits to eat ? They are apple flavor.

~Pumpkin and Kylie :)

Hi there. I'm not too sure if you should feed the horse treats to your rabbit. Rabbits have very sensitive digestive systems, so it all depends on what is in them. I personally wouldn't risk it unless I knew they were 100% okay for the rabbits to eat. They might have a high sugar content or something else that could upset the bun's stomach. The only "treat" I feed my rabbit are something called "Nibble Rings" that are made up of grains and alfalfa and maybe the occasional banana chunk or apple slice. :)
But I guess in the end it's all up to you what you feed your rabbit.

Last edited:
Almost All the treats i buy for my bunnies are horse treats. Ive tried numerous apple flavoured ones. No issues here.
As with any treat the key is moderation :)
They should not make up a large portion of your rabbits diet. But yes they are safe though knowing the ingredients might be useful

Hmmm never done this before so I can't say that I would do it either without looking up the brand more to see if they are %100 alright for a bun. I wouldn't really know because the only treats I have given my bun are apple/applesauce (loves applesauce) banana, raisin, and occasional other fruits. You could try a tiny bit and see if your bun does fine if you think that they are alright.

Latest posts

Back