Rabbit treats help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katnanw

Reaction score
My oven has recently broken down. Anyone here know of any treats I can make for my bunnies without an oven? Sorry if I misled you with the subject lol :biggrin:

found lots of recipes using an oven, but this I found that no oven is needed.

Bunny Trail Mix
No Bake

1 Cup Cheerios 1 Cup Shredded Wheat 3 raisins raisins 1 Cup oats 1 Cup dried apple bits
1 Cup dried/fresh strawberries 1 Cup dried pineapple 1 Cup dried/fresh carrots

Mix all and store in airtight container. (any combination of dried fruits & vegetables will do as long as they are safe for the rabbit)

ZRabbits wrote:
found lots of recipes using an oven, but this I found that no oven is needed.

Bunny Trail Mix 
No Bake

1 Cup Cheerios 1 Cup Shredded Wheat 3 raisins raisins 1 Cup oats 1 Cup dried apple bits
1 Cup dried/fresh strawberries 1 Cup dried pineapple 1 Cup dried/fresh carrots

Mix all and store in airtight container. (any combination of dried fruits & vegetables will do as long as they are safe for the rabbit)  

OMG THANKS!! :D

I don't think I've ever made a treat for Natasha. She's quite content with dried banana chips or dried cranberries from the bulk food aisle at the supermarket, or baby-cut carrots, or parsley or cilantro (fed by Dad one stalk at a time, of course).

I try not to give them store bought treats because 1) I'm a working student and my allowance isn't much so I can't afford the good ones and besides, the shop owner told me she wouldn't recommend that I buy something so high in sugar for them and 2) because I bought a packet of yoghurt drops once and they didn't touch it :(

You can try scavenging for safe edible plants.

Look in parks, apartment buildings, bus stops, etc. I usually carry a small canvas bag with me back and from to school and pick out whatever I need. Wash, dry, and serve.

I have got lots of free willow branches and leaves this way!

Of course, you can also try growing your own small potted plants such as dill, marjoram, and mint.

In my country the plants are either not safe or fulllllll of pesticide. Which is why I wake up in the early morning (it's 9.49 am) and go to the market to get cheap bargains of vegetables :) (which I just did lol I got watercress for $0.88) :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back