Rabbit Toys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnys_rule63

Reaction score
My bunnies are very hard to buy toys for! I will look at all of them, buy the best, safest ones recommended my my rabbit books and then whenI give it to them they will just take one look at it and hop away. I have bought many balls, rattles, wooden blocks, bounce back toys etc etc... They ignore them all!! The only toys they like are things like cardboard boxes and tubes and I can't put them in their hutch while i'm out! They do play with one of those feeding balls which keeps them amused for a bit. I've tried giving them phone books and things like that but nothing works!! Please help. Does anybody have any good bunny toy ideas???

Well I have the same problem. Stanley only really likes cardboard, but it does help if you put a raisin in a toy he doesn't play with much and that could make him interested. :p

I went to the dollar store and bought a slinky for them they just absolutely love to pull it all over the room I also bought them a cat scratch boardthat they love as well and all for 2 dollars!

Susan

Just like kids, what ever you get them they will ignore.

Ed

Hi all! i see its been a while since anyone posted here but anyway.. i'm a new bunny owner. i only have one and he's not roaming much yet as he's only a few weeks old and not litter trained yet. basically i don't want him to be bored... i've given him a card board box which he tosses around occasionally. he hardly noticed the toilet role.. are there any other things i might try?!?!?

May and her bored bunny! :bunnydance:

Bunnies like all sorts of things. I stick sheets of newspaper halfway through the bars- they shred it and pull the rest in. Crumpled newspaper can be thrown and shredded. I put hay in toilet paper tubes and in paper lunch bags (which I tie with twine and poke holes in). Don't forget about chew toys! Apple twigs that have not been treated with pesticide are good. I find lots of small willow baskets and mini wreaths and such at craft stores- make sure they aren't treated with dyes or anything. Pier 1 has willow balls that are a hit here, and they're only $1.50. Some of the chew toys from pet stores are okay, especially small scented wood ones or "Crispy Chews." Then there are "Shredders" made for birds, several types of round nests and logs that are made for hamsters...

I like to tie chew toys to the cage with twine- let them dangle so Bunny can tug and toss them.

Here's another thread on toys:
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11458&forum_id=1

:)Hi Tango! This is not really a toy, but it keeps my bunny occupied, and cracks me up laughing at the same time...I like to sit on the living room floor, with my back leaning against the couch. I also bring my knees towards my chest, while keeping my feet flat on the floor (hope you can picture this). There is a long coffee table next to my right leg. So, my bunny runs loose in the house, squeezing in the small space between my back and the couch. It's hilarious! I can't stop laughing (it tickles). She takes her time, then, she squeezes between my leg and the coffee table (a very small space). She loves this! It's so new for her, and she'll do this about 3-4 times in a row. She'll have this happy/confused look on her face, and binkie away, and then come back to 'play' again. I highly recommend this.

My bunny is mostly interested in newspaper and cardboard boxes. The problem is hewas eating alarge amount of the paper and cardboard, so I had to take them away :(

He also likes large wooden spoons. He loves chewing on them and throwing them around.

My bun is nutty about toys. He just loves throwing them about all the time. Here are photos of some of them...

DSCN0852.jpg

I made most of them myself. The little cardboard box I usually fill with hay, and Moo SHoo will throw it about until all the hay falls out. The rings are actually acrylic napkin holders, I bought 6 of them for like 50 cents, and they make great part for toys. The big jingle ball, has a smaller one in it, so it's always fun to push around, and it was a dollarstore find! Whiffle balls are a dozen for a couple dollars, and are great because you can loop them to other parts, and put things through them.

This is by far Moo Shoo's favourite though, and I also made it. It's a cardboard spool, twine, and wooden buttons. He loves chewing at it, and throwing it about violently. Heh.

DSCN0850.jpg

This is another good one, my birds love these aswell. The coloured wooden sticks you can buy at the dollarstore with similar wooden blocks. They're great, stick em in whiffle balls or a simple wooden clothespin, add some twine, and have fun!

DSCN0853.jpg

Ofcourse, it all depends on your bunnies personalities, and I think sometimes it takes certain critters a while to get used to toys. My one bird was extremely nonchalent and even weary of toys for a while, but with persistence and different choices, he's not a toy monster! Heh. Goodluck!

Those toys look greatLessThanAnNa! They have really inspired me!

I also forgot to mention in my post, my bun is crazy about paddle pop sticks. He constantly rearranges them in his cage.

Thanks Eve, that's quite the compliment! Making critter toys is one of the things I do when I'm bored and watching television. I have soo many beads and crafting supplies just for that. There's almost no room for my birds, in their cage, because it's so full of toys. Haha. Though, they have yet to complain.

:bunnysuit(I'm hungry.. time for breakfast...)

hey!!

thanks for the ideas!! making toys sounds like fun!! i think this could turn into quite a hobby!!!! will also try playing with bunny! he's extremely curious so a part human jungle gym will probably appeal!!!

thanks again!!!!!

Devon and Amber love their Fiddle Sticks (sold in pet stores by Super Pet). They will chew on that forever. And when they're done they like to lay under them.
files%5C200px%5C60426.jpg

(Mine aren't colored like that, they look more like a real log)

Brook likes to dig at her phone book, chew and toss around apple tree sticks, roll a ball with me; and the big plastic caps that come off of my cat's litter containers I stack them up and she flops them around and I stack them up and she knocks them down lol. I also tie her veggies from the top of her grid cage and let her work at getting them down. Oh and empty thread spools! She really loves those for some reason.

I haven't seen anything about it yet, I am still looking but how about fleece hammocks? Do you think she would like to have one to sleep in or would it be a danger for her?

Thread spools... what a neat idea! Another thing that I forgot to mention earlier were Bunny Kabobs. They hang from the cage roof and you can put wooden toys or food on them. My bunnies love pushing it around, then nibbling, then pushing it around again.

http://www.rabbitcentral.com/sp-61138.html

I just found out she loves little paper bags. I put a kids meal bag in there for her and she is in it digging and rolling it around and making all kinds of noise with it. Every once in a while she pops out and stands up with her ears up to check things out and then back in the bag she goes.

Mine like toilet paper rolls filled with either hay or newspaper... They also like carpet but that is not supposed to be a toy!!;)Mine also like the carrot thing you can buy at petsmart thats like rope and rattles. They like to make a lot of noise! They hate any boxes I give them and really like Jackets (also NOT a toy!!)

Latest posts

Back