rabbit toy & treat recommendations?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koolaidsmiiles

koolaidsmiiles
Reaction score
My bun will be home in a couple weeks what kind of toys & treats are good? I know treats shouldn't be given often.

I use the living world donuts! My bun Thumper absolutely loves them! Great for training as well. Or if you want to be a little healthier then go with some apples but don't give your bun too much! For toys you just need to figure out your buns preference, it took a long time to figure out what Thumper wanted. I tried toilet paper rolls, flavoured wood chews, loofas, salt licks and so far he didn't take well to them but he will chew on Apple wood! It's all what your bun likes. Experiment with him or her!

I agree with MichelleandThumper you have to experiment and see what you rabbit likes. I have 2 and they both have things that each likes and the other doesn't like as much. They both like cardboard things like boxes. One likes wood chew toys hung in his cage to chew on at night. They like apple wood stick and these things called pretzel sticks I have gotten from Petsmart. One likes chewing on magazines. So you can try some of those things. Good luck and congrats on your soon to be new bunny!

My bunny girls both love Promegranite infused Craisins. Wanting to try the cherry infused Craisins since Nala & Gaz give them such a good recommendation! lol Papaya is another favorite, I buy the natural dried with no preservatives. Banana fresh for my girls but some buns enjoy the banana chips. Apple is good too but all of these treats are for adult bunnies & only in moderation.

Toys my girls enjoy are balls of all kinds. Their favorite toy is their cat treat egg which I put their pellets in for morning eating/play. Boxes are great fun for playing, hiding & sleeping in. The cardboard roll for paper towels stuffed with hay is another favorite no expense toy. Pet store toys sold as bunny toys haven't been well received by my girls.

Once you get your new bunny home you will have to share with us some of the toys & things your new bun enjoys. Can't wait to hear all about your new bun! I know you must be so excited & impatient for the time to pass until he/she can come home!

Latest posts

Back