Rabbit stages or ages?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackiesmum

Reaction score
I have been reading different articles about rabbits and have a question or two?

When is a rabbit considered an adult rabbit?

When does rabbit adolescence start and end?

I know this probably sounds dumb........ but I had to ask.:?

Thanks,

Mary

Welcome again, Blackiesmum! :dude:

On the contrary, they're not dumb questions at all.

It general goes,

1-6 months is the baby - adolescent stage. (At 4 months, does and bucksmust be separated because they would breed. Family ties are of noconcern to them.)

7 months to 1 year is the young adult stage.

1-5 years old is an adult

6 and up is considered old.

I noticed my own rabbit having mellowed out after about a year and ahalf years old. 'Mellow Out' meaning I didn't have to fight him to notchew on my wooden furniture, I could give him a command and he'd do it,and he'd let me pet him without running away. He finally trusted me. Ishould also add he's neutered.

-Carolyn

Thanks, the article really makes you think. I hadnever thought animals sense of timeas beingdifferentfrommine . No wonder my animalsact like I have been gone forever when I come home after a few hours.

Mary

:bunnydance: for Boobear.

It's not a bad idea to have a stethescope on hand so that you learnwhat your rabbit's normal heart beat sounds like, In times of trouble,it would help for the vet to know if something's different.

The last time I was at my allergist's office, I asked the girls where Icould buy one in the area and one of them gave me an old one of hers.They put a nametag on it when I picked it up the next week. It said,"Tucker". :)

Maybe a nurse or a doctor that you have to visit will have an extra laying around.

:dunno:

Just a thought.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back