Rabbit Spraying

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacksMom

Reaction score
When I pet or show affection for my rabbit helyes there for awhile and then he jumps up and sprays me! Heseems very happy and content. I've only had "Jack"for a short time and it seems like we have really bonded veryfast. I read he could be showing sexual interest...but I'm nopro on rabbits. Frankly, I really don't know if "Jack" is aboy or a girl. Replies would be greatlyappreciated. Also, is there a Rabbits only room that peoplewith the same interest can go to and talk LIVE?

JacksMom,

Urine Spraying: Bucks spray with urine to expressownership and to mark territory. Both males and females also sprayurine when frightened or as a defensive gesture.

I am quite sure your bunny is a male. He is probablyspraying you to express ownership. I am not aware of any chatrooms onthis site. I am quite sure the forum is the only kind of discussiontype of thing.

Well if you have any more questions, feel free to ask the forum anytime. The people are very helpful and friendly here.

:DCassandra:D

Welcome JacksMom,

I believe Angoralover has hit the nail on the head about Jack and hisneed to spray. He's marking you as his, or he's doing it when he's mador excited.

This action usually calms right down, or even stops, after they arefixed. You have to wait at least 4-5 months for that operation tohappen though.

MyBunnyBoys is a member here and if you highlight her name and click onUser Profile, you can find a link to her webpage. She has a live chatin there. You may want to go back through the pages of this forumbecause the question of chat has come up before and there's a site inthere that's posted as well.

:cool:

-Carolyn

hello JacksMom. i took care of my friend's bunbefore and her bun also did that to me. As angornalover said boys/malesare more likely to do this than females, so jack probably is a male.

Well anyway, my friend's rabbit sprayed me a couple of times. It wasjust pooping in its litterbox and it was hopping over to it bed and iguess forgot that it was still peeing, so it sprayed and hopped at thesame time. My friend solved this problem by getting her bun fixed.

and addressing the live chat room question...i go to a live chat roomathttp://rabbit.org/chat/index.htmlbutthere are a few problems 1) i do not know of a lot of peoplefrom this forum to go to that chat room butneverthelesspeople there are very nice, will be glad to chatwith u and most know lots about rabbits. 2) there arent a lotof chatters around work hours, most people come on around 9-10pmeastern.

Thanks for answering back, I appreciateit. I agree that Jack is probably showing ownership because Ithink he's sooo happy to have a home and he already loves me!:)

Thanks again

Thanks Carolyn for writing back. Ithink Jack is about 2 yrs old. This is the first rabbit I'veowned as an adult. This rabbit acts like a puppy.Our Chocolate Lab loves him and my three girls love him topieces. He's already jumping up on the furniture to sit withmy two year old. He is sooo sweet. I had no cluerabbits could be such FUN pets! Can I get him neutered now,or is it too late?

Well Jack is definately spraying me on purpose.He gets all excited and runs around doing the "binky" thing and he digshis feet in my clothes and pulls on them and runs some more and spraysme. It's gross but it's kinda funny too. Thanks forwriting back.

JacksMom wrote:
Thanks Carolyn for writing back. I think Jack isabout 2 yrs old. This is the first rabbit I've owned as anadult. This rabbit acts like a puppy. Our ChocolateLab loves him and my three girls love him to pieces. He'salready jumping up on the furniture to sit with my two yearold. He is sooo sweet. I had no clue rabbits couldbe such FUN pets! Can I get him neutered now, or is it toolate?

It's not too late to have him neutered, JacksMom. It soundslike he's having a great time with you and yours. :)

You might get a kick out of the following website about rabbitbehaviors and what they mean. It's the best I've picked up onyet.http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk.html

Happy to have you here.

-Carolyn

JacksMom wrote:
Well Jack is definately spraying me on purpose. He gets allexcited and runs around doing the "binky" thing and he digs his feet inmy clothes and pulls on them and runs some more and spraysme. It's gross but it's kinda funny too. Thanks forwriting back.

Oh, that sounds like Bunbun! It is kinda funny, isn't it?? hehehehe

Bunbun used to try and "get" me when I wasn't looking. He'd come at melike a little orange missile, spray, and take off in the otherdirection. He thought it was SO funny!

He was in love with me, especially my legs....

Boys are funny, aren't they?

Rose

My rabbit is CRAZY! He is sofunny! The spraying thing is getting a little aggravatingthough, I need to find a good bunny vet. I have soooo manyquestions for all of you bunny luvers too. But, it's kind ofa bummer there is no "live" chat here. Anyway, I sureappreciate all the help from everyone here. Thanks again.

:)

JacksMom,

I put up a list that you can ask your veterinarian. I'll 'bump it backup' (bring it back to the top of the page). You might want to take alook at it while searching for a vet.

Not to alarm you, but I'd start looking now before an emergency happens so that you know who to call in case you need a doctor.

In many cases, once a rabbit is fixed, it takes the edge off their needto spray and territorialize. No guarantees of course, but it does seemto work out that way.

-Carolyn

Yes, I need to start calling around on Monday fora good Vet. By bunny is spraying us daily now. Ithink he's really getting spoiled too! I'm checking out yourpost you just wrote me about...thanks.

Back