rabbit sneeze

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jude

Reaction score
is it okay that my holland lop sneezes?
i am new to rabbits so anyone can answer me?
do they sneeze like us or is this an indicator of sickness
:confused2:

Does your bunny have discharge out of his nose? Is it constant? How old is he? When does he do it?

It could just be his hay or something that is dusty around him :)

Does the bun ich its ears or have matted fur on its paws? Or does its eyes run?

he is 2 months old and no runny nose at all
he did it 3 times in a row when i approached my hands after washing them with soap and once before half month

I was wondering you have any carpet ... ?

at when I was at my old flat/apt., they had carpet and I don't know at why, my boy 1st would do it than my girl

they have my this stuff that I had to use a syringe and some kind of nasal fluid ( by dropping it into their nose, boy they didn't like that =0/ )

I would have to search my old thread(s) but it is in there some where =0/

Well if it was the carpet there must have been a smell they didn't like or they have allergies but its probably not allergies.

no smell at all, I had that carpet cleaned every 3 month(s) ( have a carpet cleaner vac. and also looked up the detail(s) online on the detergent used )

all I know something didn't go well w/ them. now I have title and I no problem(s) at all ....

Umm small one under its cage
But it likes it chew on it constantly :p
I think its the soap smell on my hands? Would that be possible

A few sneezes can be normal. It could be something like dust up the nose. Or if your soap is strongly scented, it could have been a sensitivity to that.

However if it is frequently occurring and you are seeing nasal discharge, especially if it is white, then your rabbit may have a respiratory infection, that would require treatment.
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Respiratory/Bacterial/URI.htm

Also, I would recommend not letting your rabbit chew on carpet, because if any of it gets ingested, it can lead to gut blockages occurring.

yes i removed the carpet
occurred only 4 times since month
thank you all
here is cookie
x6n7ts.png

szdf9u.png

Your bun is so cute! I reduced a bun name thumper who looked like that, I rehomed him and adopted 2 brother buns from the RSPCA named Leo and thumper!

Thank u guys hes so adorable indeed
Mc hope ur bunnies are doin great

Latest posts

Back