Rabbit Show

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabb1tmad

Reaction score
Hey all. I went to my first ever rabbit show today. It was pure heaven. There were so many rabbits I just couldn't believe my eyes. I had a chat to a few of the judges and they were very helpful as I there were some breeds there that I couldn't identify!

My boyfriend and I fell in love with a beautiful French lop that was the spitting image of Starsky but about 4 times the size! The German lops were also gorgeous. There were also loads of Agouti rabbits that looked like Lacey. There were around 9 Flemish giants but I only found 1 (at least I think thats what it was!). Check out the pictures I took - especially you Flashy as I recall that you couldn't make this show. I could have taken so many more but if the rabbits weren't being judged they were asleep or a little camera shy. Enjoy.

http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p225/rabb1tmad/Stafford%20Show/

Wow great pictures. Did you end up bringing one home? I really want a French Lop one day they are beautiful and BIG.

Susan:bunnydance:

You are so lucky i relly wanted to get down to Stafford and had it all planned in my head then found out i had to go to a hen night:(can't get out of it as i am chief bridesmaid, could have killed her though for picking this weekend.

Did you see any of the auction?

If you go onto the British Rabbit Council website, I think they have a list of shows on there, but don't quote me on that.

the markings on this harlequin

DSC01098.jpg

are to die for. . . look at those deep colors and clean lines!!!!

bravo to his/her breeder! that is hard to accomplish!

Polly, I didn't get to see the auction - my boyfriend was getting a bit bored of it all so I decided to let him off the hook and take him home!

The lines on those harlequins were amazing and there were quite a few like that. I couldn't find the breeder though!

Haley wrote:
Adorable! OMG, look at this guy:

DSC01088.jpg

That must be an angora? Ive never seen one with a cute face like that. ;)
I believe this is an angora. These aren't my favourite kind of bunny but I thought this one was beautiful so I had to have a picture. There was a stand cutting the fur off the angoras so I got to see a bald one too! I couldn't get a picture of it though but it looked like a drowned rat and so tiny. My boyfriend thought they were just being cruel until I pointed out that it's normal to cut them like this!

Did you see any nethies? its a nightmare when you have to drag a man about somewhere, Were the trade stands good? I so wish i had gone.

There is a list the BRC website is www.thebrc.org there is a show diary on there with most show dates you can tell how big the show is by how many stars, ie 1 star small show. I think Stafford was a 6 star show

Do Nethies have the small pointed up ears? If so, I did see a couple. I mainly stuck to the French lop area because of the one I saw that I wanted to take home. We were waiting for the judges to take him out for ages then went to lunch for 5 mins. When we got back they had already taken him out and put him back! :X

I have nothing to compare it to but it seemed like a massive show to me. The trade stands were quite good. I bought some hay from dustfreehay who were supporting the show. It looks really good and they had a special offer on - 5 bales for £15 instead of £30! I also managed to get hold of an Ezifilla water bottle for £3 - I have one for my rabbits and it never leaks but it cost about £8 when I bought it on the net. There were also some other stands selling all sorts of stuff. I could have spent a fortune but I went with a limited amount of cash!

Oh my god i am so p***** and i had to go on the hennight from hell. :grumpy:Mind you Bruce was gonna make us take the car so i couldn't spend a fortune lol we have a 2 seater car and a transit van i would have forced him to take the van i could have got hay and everything.

Yes nethies have short ears that sit up and together same as Flashy's rabbits i am just away to start my blog again so you will be able to get a better look if you want or go to to the library section and look at breeds.

What a shame you missed the lop though i think thats what they call sods law lol

Back