Rabbit sayings

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although they're not sayings, have you see the Rabbit and Hare Superstitions post?

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=2581&forum_id=1

The first saying that comes to mind is, "Quick as a bunny" or "quick like bunnies".

"Pulla rabbitfrom a hat"

:runningrabbit:

Proverbs:

[*]"You never know how a cow catches a rabbit."
- Dutch Proverb

[*]"If you chase two rabbits, both will escape."
- proverb (unknown)

[*]"You come with a cat and call it a rabbit."
- Cameroonian Proverb

[*]"He who hunts two hares leaves one and loses the other."
- Japanese Proverb

-Carolyn

"You're nobody til some bunny loves you" :bunnydance:

:cool: And then Dean Martin stole it and made a song....LOL

In the South:

"You know it's too hot when you see a dog chasinga rabbit and they are both walking."

Sorry, that's the only thing that came to mind!

loplover wrote:
Carolyn wrote:
[*]"You never know how a cow catches a rabbit."
- Dutch Proverb
Anyone know what this means?

Cows don't catch rabbits. They don't eat meat, there's noneed for a cow to catch a rabbit. That's my take on it atleast.

If anyone has any other ideas, I'd be happy to hear them.

-Carolyn

"Ideas are like rabbits. You get acouple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen."- JOHN STEINBECK

Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember itdidn't work for the rabbit. ~R.E. Shay

Not exactly about rabbits, but a favorite of mine anyways:

" Lots of people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That's the problem." - A.A. Milne

when smoke goes in your face round a campfire, we say "i hate white rabbits"

ps i don't say it anymore. (mama loves you Sully)

"Hop to it!"

***not to be confused with a round toit ;)***

I love the quotes and the sayings...some I've never seen before.

Certainly have never heard about being around the campfire and the smoke in your face saying, "I hate white rabbits". :laugh:

I'll have to ask The Missus if she and Buck ever heard of that. They've traveled the world, and had many many campfires.

:ponder:

Very Cute. :)

-Carolyn

Linz_1987 wrote:
Awwwww!!!!!
I just read the rabbit on the moon story, and had a tear in my eye. Itsso sweet! I cant believe it. Im going to look up in the moon next timeto see if i can see the rabbit lol. That is such a heart warming storyand touches you right there!

If you liked that one, you should read A Rabbit's Christmas:

http://tsukiyo.org/Pet/christmas2.html

That one really got to me.

Laura

Aww thats really sad :(Its ashame itis all true though! I would never forget about my animals! Thats sohorrible. I am actually getting up at 6:00 tomorow morning to clean allmy animals out before i go to work for 10 o clock.im glad to say that we people on this forum will never let our pets getlike that! :DAll hail the Rabbit Forum members!

Back