rabbit run

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tam O Ham

Reaction score
So I'm thinking of building George a rabbit run next to our garden. I'm doing my researching online, etc for it but I was also wondering is there anything the people that do have rabbit runs and/or built their own could give me as helpful hints or advice. There always seem to be little details that non-interactive online sites don't mention that you only seem find out for yourself once you're in the middle of things. Any tips for a rabbit run? :toast:

What I did years ago was I made NIC panel pens for the rabbits. I made the pens 2 pannels high ( I watched them closely). It worked well.

thanks for the tip. I had been debating the mobile verse permanent run and NIC panels are pretty easy to build with. I'll keep that height in mind. :bunnyheart

If there are wild rabbits around there, you need to treat the ground so yours won't get any parasites from the wild ones. You can do this by applying food-grade diatomaceous earth on the ground a few days before you take your rabbits there.

If you want to put your bunny in the run while your not there then it's better to make a run on concrete and that can't move.mi say at least 6ft for a run and make sure it has a wire on top too. And always make sure there is shade and somewhere to hide (put a small hutch inside). But if your only going to put your bunny out there while your there then I'd say a run that you can move round and your nummy can eat the grass :) my runs have small hutches or hides houses in the, and tunnels :)

Make sure you think about the roof and the floor would be my advice, bunnies are very good at digging! And make sure there is something to hide in. Making your own big panels with a wood frame and stapled on weldmesh is an easy option. If you need it to fold up, just put eye lets on the corner and cable tie the panels together with reusable ties :)

thanks for all the advice. I'll be sitting out there with George when she's in her rabbit run so she won't be able to get into unsupervised hijinks (only SUPERVISED hijinks). Orleana, I hadn't even thought of wild bunnies. I've never seen any in our area - which is a shame since they were everywhere in my old place - but I may go ahead and treat the ground anyway just to be on the safe side. Heh, bunnylover - my nummy will love the grass which is something I'm looking forward to for her but I hadn't thought of tunnels. I've got some big cardboard ones though and if I make the run long enough putting them in sounds like a great idea. :D And thanks for the tips on how to make things portable, tamsin. I was trying to figure out how to keep it easy to store and flat is very good considering how little space I'll have in the shed. We're also looking into a little shelter for her to evac to when she feels the need so I'll definitely stick with that idea. Thanks for all the tips! It's much easier to plan things out when people that have experience pitch in. :weee:

Latest posts

Back