rabbit run

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RABBIT#1

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find a big rabbit run? My rabbit loves to run around.

Should I make one?

Thanks

A lot of shop bought ones are way to small andnot sturdy enough so if you can I'd build one, however if you can't I'dfind somebody who makes them especially and give them the measurementsyou want. Here is my rabbits run for an idea:

newrun2.jpg

Portable enclosed ones like this are the bestIMO because theyare pretty much escape proof unless your rabbit is a digger and theycan be moved around to fresh grazing.

I love the runs from this placehttp://www.freewebs.com/brrescue/rabbitruns.htmifyou want ideas.:)

my rabbits have large open pens to run aroundin. during the summer they stay out in them 24/7 but no it has turnedto winter i am bringing them in at night esspically as they dont evergo into their hutches if its raining!

large pens are much better than the small runs bought from pet shopsbut it does depned on how big your garden/ lawn is and if you have catswhcih may climb the fence or foes then maybe having a covered run wouldbe best

You can use dog exercise pens too as long as youstay out there with her. I wouldn't recommend an open-top penunless you'll be there the whole time because red tailed hawks, whichare very common in Wisconsin even in cities, can and will carry awayrabbits. So will owls if it's night time.

Don't get the small animal exercise pens that they sell at Walmart andpet stores. Any rabbit worth her veggies can jump one ofthose no problem. Plus they're too small to get any realexercise anyway.

If you want a covered pen like Bunnys_rule63 has, you'll need to makeit. I've never seen one for sale here. Make sureyou use sturdy fencing as rabbits can bite through chicken wire.

I couldn't find a run big enough so enlisted thehelp of my Dad and together we built this one. It cost around£40. It's not usually on the grass, it's in asheltered part of our patio - will try to post another pic of that whenI get the hang of things - embarressing really, I can fix PC's - justcan't use them!

Oh my goodness, I actually posted apic!Anyway, this where the run is usually situated.This is my daughter Livvy giving the garden a sweep thisafternoon. We always put a large piece of builders plasticsheet over the run which keeps out the wind and rain.

Latest posts

Back