rabbit rucas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jems

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas on how to get my rabbits tosleep at night? I just built them a bigger cage.(Darn things grew on me-lol) Now they bang around all night.They throw thier food dish, knock thier igloo around, and they run lapsaround the cage. I didn't think rabbits werenocturnal. Are they or do I just have party animal:cool:buns?

Hehe Rabbits arent entirely nocturnal, they aremost active at dawn and dusk... so it is normal for them to be holdinga party then... goodness knows I hear Gir running laps nightly and Guinplaying with the window blinds hehe

If it bothers you that they throw the food dish, give them a heavy food dish they can't throw.
And quiter toys, like digging box or a sock.
Ours used to move his litter box around making tons of noise, we just tied to the side of the cage.

Greetings Jems!

Last night, in the middle of the night, I just so happened to wakeup. BAM - BAM - BAM - BAM...! Cali wasthumping mad for some odd reason. Tucker used to make a lotof noise at night as well, but I didn't pay any attention to him and heeventually has quieted down. I suspect Cali's going throughthe same thing. (Fauna never gets into trouble.)

Don't know what was making Cali mad, but that little stinker thumpeduntil her heart was content and then finally quieted down.

As mentioned above, I'd do as much as I could to fix it so that shecan't throw things around in the middle of the night. Youmight also make suretheir hay is full, and put things downsuch as the end of a toilet paper roll, or something thattheycan play with that won't be so loud.

Don't know how long you've had the little one's, but as they get usedto your schedule, they seem to respond more to the routine and actaccordingly.

-Carolyn

Thanks-

We've had them since september. Smart little buggas and sofun. THey seem to be most active around 2 am. Don'tknow why they pick that time to throw thier little rabbitparty....

A question I have-maybe should have started a new thread but anyway-The cage they were in before was small so I didn't give them a littlerbox. THey had a screen floor so "things" just kinda fell intothe tray and then we took care of it. Now they are in a cagethat is 3ft buy 3ft and has enough room for a litter box. Isit to late to train them to use it and if not do I just buy like a catlitter pan? What do I use for litter? I have heardcat litter can be harmful to them. Besides dust bothers Pappyand I am affraid it would be to dusty for him.

A litter box would make things much easier to clean.

thanks

Jen

It shouldn't be too late to train them for a box.Some litters here we all love is either Woody Pet or Yesterday's News.Woody Pet is available in the States at Tractor Supply or Agway, andyou should be able to get Yesterday's News at any pet store.

It does take some time to train them, and they'll always leave droppings in and around their cage to mark their territory.

Welcome to the boards too! I'm from New England originally (married aCanadian and moved here in May). I'm from Burlington VT. :D

It probably is their new surroundings and theywill settle down. Mine were like that when they got their newcage and when they first came home.

ed

Latest posts

Back