Rabbit relocation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nisha

Reaction score
Dear friends. May I ask if anyone here has experienced relocating a rabbit? I'm really worried about this procedure. Does your rabbit go into depression after this procedure?
I contacted the agency and it seems that I won't be able to meet my rabbit when I reach the airport because my rabbit needs to go through a few procedures and these procedure would take another 4 to 5 hours including rabbit inspection and document clearance, after a 5 hour journey on flight.
I'm a little worried if my rabbit would get depressed or might have issue if he doesn't eat when he reach the airport. The agency informed that they would feed my rabbit when they get a hold of it. What do u feed your rabbit after a long stressful journey just so that he could at least eat something? 😥

I'm not too sure, I've never gone on a plane with my rabbit. I'd be sure the rabbit has hay in his carrier, that should sustain him for five hours. And if the agency has informed you that they would feed him, I would trust them. Wet veggies would be good to feed after a long journey, also a bite of fruit like banana would be a great treat for him. Once you get to where you are relocating, just be sure to let him settle down and have some time to himself.

I'm not too sure, I've never gone on a plane with my rabbit. I'd be sure the rabbit has hay in his carrier, that should sustain him for five hours. And if the agency has informed you that they would feed him, I would trust them. Wet veggies would be good to feed after a long journey, also a bite of fruit like banana would be a great treat for him. Once you get to where you are relocating, just be sure to let him settle down and have some time to himself.

Sadly I'm not allowed to put hay into his carrier as I am travelling internationally. I'm really worried...I don't want my rabbit going into GI stasis. But yes the agency have informed that they would feed my rabbit when they got him in their hands. I really hope everything is safe for my rabbit. I really want to bring him back with me. But at the same time I don't want to be selfish. I don't want to kill my rabbit 😭 but I love him so much I can't leave him

you possibly could get him certified as a support animal for you stressing out over being apart

(not meant to be rude in any way)

Sadly I'm not allowed to put hay into his carrier as I am travelling internationally. I'm really worried...I don't want my rabbit going into GI stasis. But yes the agency have informed that they would feed my rabbit when they got him in their hands. I really hope everything is safe for my rabbit. I really want to bring him back with me. But at the same time I don't want to be selfish. I don't want to kill my rabbit 😭 but I love him so much I can't leave him

get him Sherwood pet health pellets, the blue bag. It’s for rabbits who do not eat hay or very little hay. You can feed it unlimited in place of hay. I’ve used it on trips as well as for a bunny we rescued who had never eaten hay or veggies, now he eats hay like a champ bug out get said that food saved his life. If you have any questions about it reach out to sherwood pet health directly, they are super helpful!A2EF104B-3BFA-44F7-9AD0-C5055DA4BBB4.png

This might not be an option depending on where you are flying and what airline but many airlines allow animals under 15lb in the cabin if they are in a proper carrier. Maybe you can rebook your flight with a different airline?

you possibly could get him certified as a support animal for you stressing out over being apart

(not meant to be rude in any way)
I've read about the emotional support animal. I could try that I guess but I've heard they usually allow dogs rather than rabbits being emotional support animal.

This might not be an option depending on where you are flying and what airline but many airlines allow animals under 15lb in the cabin if they are in a proper carrier. Maybe you can rebook your flight with a different airline?
I have not booked the flight yet. I'm trying to get as much as information as I could before relocating my rabbit. As I really wanna make sure that he is fine. Honestly there's no airlines of Malaysia allows rabbit into cabin. No live animals are allowed into cabin but is needed to be in the cargo. 😞

get him Sherwood pet health pellets, the blue bag. It’s for rabbits who do not eat hay or very little hay. You can feed it unlimited in place of hay. I’ve used it on trips as well as for a bunny we rescued who had never eaten hay or veggies, now he eats hay like a champ bug out get said that food saved his life. If you have any questions about it reach out to sherwood pet health directly, they are super helpful!View attachment 46796
That is a good suggestion. I hope I could find it here though!! Thank u so much!! I'm just worried my rabbit might not eat after the stressful flight journey and the travellings and etc. It's total of 10 hours journey to reach my home

Back