Rabbit Ranching: An outreach to all rabbit owners

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OakRidgeRabbits

Reaction score
Hey all!

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I've started blogging again. I blogged for probably 5-6 years about general rabbitry happenings (rabbits bred, litters born, show results, etc.) but it felt boring to write and boring to update, so the day came when I was just like...does anyone actually read this? And I stopped blogging.

But after some recent events in the rabbit world, the need for real, accurate information became very clear to me. There is misinformation being spread around the internet like wildfire - probably not always intentionally, but to the point where I feel as though our hobby is in danger.

So I picked up the (virtual) pen again and, here goes. Please be aware that this blog will include topics on pet care, breeding, showing, culling, and more. If it could possibly be offensive to someone in the world, it will probably be there because THOSE are the topics we have to address.

So I'd love if you would check it out, just remember "I told you so" about my potentially controversial position on things. I also encourage others to blog too, if you have the time and the interest. We need MORE reports from inside the barn! :)

http://rabbitranching.wordpress.com

If anyone is interested in being updated as I publish new posts, I included a "Follow" button on the top right which will email you as soon as something new is posted.

I think its a great thing your doing. Just recently having gotten in to rabbits I'm pretty shocked how polarized the breeder/pet/rescue world is. Of course I also think its a sign of our times that as a society every view has become dogmatic with little room for common ground but that's a whole other bag. Anyway I applaud you and look forward to reading.

I agree, Troller! I've never seen a gap so wide as what there is now between the different groups of rabbit owners. It's a shame because, behind relatively small differences in husbandry, pet owners and breeders have very similar goals for rabbits as a whole. But those differences have turned into completely different agendas.

"Who cares what breeders think? They're all a bunch of no-good rabbit mills piled high in manure and bad ideas!" And on the other side, "Who cares what pet owners think? They have no idea how to care for rabbits and don't seem to care either!"

As a breeder who considers their rabbits to be pets - :lies. A little more reality and common sense is needed somewhere in the middle of BOTH sides. So far, I've been happily surprised at how well the idea for this blog has gone over, which is a good sign. Maybe common ground isn't quite so far away after all. :)

Was interested reading a few of those posts, certainly interesting anyway :)

I recommend your blog to everyone I come across! Your blogs can bring me to tears or it can make me stand up wagging my fist in the air because I agree with you so much! Please never stop writing, I swear this blog could bring the end to all the differences in the rabbit world!

I have enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to reading more in the future! Only problem is you leave me wanting to discuss it all with you, to ask questions and to learn more.

Amen to the MVM!! I love beyonce for all she has produced for me! Instead of it being her time to be sold she will instead be retired :)

Latest posts

Back