rabbit problems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aalok

Reaction score
hello im allok , my rabbit is 6 months old female, the problem is that it can eat for the whole day , how much ever igive it , its not enough , please tell me how much food shold i giveit. plz mail me on[email protected] n giv meyour suggestion thankin you ,

Aalok

I am giving food to the rabbit once a day in themorning, but by the evening he eats it all. So I have to give him morefood in the evening. Should I feed him twice a day?

i think the rule of thumb is as follows:

hay accessable at all times. set ration of pellets based on weight (asper Buck) in the AM at set time. greens in evening - with variationfrom day to day.

however i just realized that i have a question that comes out of thisanswer. my vet told me she isnt old enough for fresh greens. i cantremember when i should start introducing them though. whats the generaltime for that?

thanks!

panacrent wrote:

...however i just realized that i have a question that comes out ofthis answer. my vet told me she isnt old enough for fresh greens. icant remember when i should start introducing them though. whats thegeneral time for that?

thanks!

I think it is six months old, but it could be slightly earlier. I am not sure.

Buck

I read 12wks. My vet agreed. Start a little at atime to make sure it doesn't give her dirreha. I only feed my rabbitcarrots, (just little) tiny pieces of apple, and I'll take 2 grapes andcut in half. I only feed her this at night while she sits on my lap asI brush her. Fruit is higher in calaroies because of carbs. I feed hercarrots and grapes one night and carrots and tiny pieces of apple nextnight. I was also told to give her a little pinneapple for hair balls,but she really doesn't like pinneapple. Anita!!!

Hey,

My baby Palomino, Bub, is 10 wks. old and growing. He will getunlimited food until he stops growing at 8 mo. He too will eat all thetime, although not as much as he used to.

After that he will get about 1/2-3/4 of a tuna can, depending on adultsize. My guiding rule is how easily you can feel the ribs. If stickingout--feed more. If you need to press to feel them--feed less. I like tobe able to easily feel the ribs, with just a thin coating of fat.

Right now Bub's belly isnice and round, but his body is longand skinny as he is growing so fast. Your bunny looks young and leggyand is probably going through a growth spurt.

So let the girl eat! ;)Sounds like her appetite's trying tokeep up with her growth. When she hits adult size, then you can startlimiting.

Rose

Latest posts

Back