Rabbit Pregnancy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather-M

Reaction score
Hi Everyone I'm New Here, I Need To Know Something That Would Really Help Me Out Right Now. My Male Rabbit Got Out His Run (He Squeezed Under A Gap Half His Size) And Some How Managed To Get Into The ''Females'' Run So Now I may Have 4 Pregnant Rabbits:shock:Something I Should Have Took More Care In Making Sure He Could Not Get Out I know But I Would Have Never Thought...Anyway I Know One Of The Are Defo Preg All I Need To Know Right Now Is When Do They Start Building Nests In Books It Says They Start Building Nests ''1 Week'' Before They Are Going To Give Birth Bt Others Say They Make Nests ''On The Day'' The Kittens Are Born?:?She Is Spending ALOT Of Time On The Nest And Very Fat.

Thanks For Any Help/Advice You Are Able To Give Me

Heather

Welcome to the forum!:welcome1

We have a few very good experienced breeders on this forum, and I'm sure they'll be able to help you more than me but I'll tell you what I can.

If you click on this link it will take you to a topic in the Rabbitry section that is very very helpful.TheBunny, from conception to weaning

I'm hoping that not all four of them are pregnant, but it's pretty likely you'll have a few at least. You should really get the male neutered and the females spayed after they wean the babies to prevent something like this happening again.

A Bunny pregnancy lasts about 31 days, give or take. Some will make nests a few days before and some on the day, depends on the rabbit.

Good luck!

Well They Are All Lop eared Rabbits And When We Tried ''Pets At Home'' They Did Not Want Black Rabbits:( And Females Are Very Nasty To Me Lol Do Yours Growl And Bite? But The Boy Is Wonderful And If Babies Turn Out Like Him :DLovely Lol But Will Anyone Want Black/Grey Lop Eared Rabbits?

I'm sure you will find good homes for them, i think our babies are gonna be the same colour as the parents, white, brown and black, that is one rabbit all that colour lol

Thanks, i have posted a pic of them in blogs but have only got the heads lol as im a bit wary of messing with them at the moment

Owh Sorry Shawn Never Saw Yor Post There...I Will Take Pics When There Born too Theres Alot Of Spring Time Births/Pregnancies Here Right Now:stork:Lol Carnt Wait For The Arrival Of The Babies Ecspecially My Birds:p

Heather-M wrote:
Well They Are All Lop eared Rabbits And When We Tried ''Pets At Home'' They Did Not Want Black Rabbits:( And Females Are Very Nasty To Me Lol Do Yours Growl And Bite? But The Boy Is Wonderful And If Babies Turn Out Like Him :DLovely Lol But Will Anyone Want Black/Grey Lop Eared Rabbits?
Yep, the three least popular colours of rabbits are agouti, REW and black:(They often get overlooked (though I have no idea why:?, black rabbits are actually my favourite colour)

If your females are aggressive then spaying them could help toreduce the problems.:)

It's probably not a good idea to put the babies in a pet shop, the most likely thing that will happen is they will be bought on impulse by somebody who has no idea what they are doing, or by a snake owner and the babies will be used as snake food:( (of course this doesn't always happen they good be bought by a very good rabbit owner but are you willing to take the risk?)

And remember the minimum kits should leave their mum is 8 weeks.

Spaying them is really not an option as i have 4 females although they are REALLY aggressive its only 2 that are like this and they live together( I dont know wether this is where most of the aggression comes from?) Bt they are mother and daughter and if they are pregnant its ''Son, Brother And Father'' Long Story and this is not the first time it has happend but the first time he has be able to get to all 4! I'm really worried about im breeding:(

I'll explain a little how things have worked out in more detail....when we first had rabbits we had a black lop eared female called ''Loppy''we bred her with a ginger dwarf rabbit she had 6 kittens altogether we kept 4 and gave the other 2 to the ginger dwarf rabbits owner...out of that litter we kept 3 girls and 1 boy.....bout a year down the line....i was cleaning ot the bunnies and my bro being the idiot thathe is left his rabbit out and she went under the hucth of my male so then of course ''Tommy'' got out and then made babies with his mommy she had 4 in that litter we kept 1 a female and sold the rest to local people in our area...and then the ''Son of loppy...Brother of ''Buffy And ''Pippin'' And Dad of ''Ebony'' I am not sre how long her was in the rn with them before i noticed he was gone so it stands a good chance he has serviced them all:shock:And they are black and grey so its probably certain the babies will be black too..

Ok, not wanting to sound like I'm lecturing here, but you really should try to get the girlies spayed.Are you aware of the health reasons for this? The percentage of does over the age of 5 that get uterine cancer is so so high, and spaying eliminates this. I know it's expensive, I'm saving rightnow to get my girls done. My vet does it for �50.

Also, are you aware of the huge huge overpopulation of domestic rabbits in the UK? They are the most neglected animals and the shelters and rescues are full of them. And things like this are contributing to that.

I hope you don't think I'm being mean, that really isn't my intention,I just feel you need to know about this. And can I also add that I'm not one of the people who are against breeding. And I know accidental breeding happens - it happened to me and I don't even have a buck!

Also, on the subject of spaying, it will often make them less territorial which will reduce that aggression you mentioned. If you can't get the girls spayed, at least get the boy neutered to stop these breedings. There are so many unwanted mixed breed and purebred bunnies out there already.We don't need to be adding to the mix, right.

Also, if you capitalize only the first letter of the first word in each sentence, rather than the first letter of every word, it makes your posts easier to read. :)

Hi guys, Missiescove sorry about the capitals i'll stick to putting them at the start of every sentence :)

And Michaela I know what you mean about the rabbits but the only reason we carnt get the spayed is because we carnt exactly afford it right now:(My mom and dad are both recovering from heart attacks (along story and a lot of stress) so neither are working and were kinda stuggling as it is.

But having the boy neutered is probably a better option for the time being at least then there wont be anymore ''oops babies'' Lol But ill talk to my mom about it and see what she says.

Heather

Latest posts

Back