Rabbit possibly ate school supplies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim1218

Reaction score
My daughter had a bucket of crayons, pencils, etc on the living room floor while Shadow was out. She wasn't paying attention, but she showed me a tip eraser with a small piece missing from it and told me that she thought Shadow ate it. When I went into the room to look for the piece Shadow had a crayon that she was munching on. She got a bit of the paper wrapper from the crayon and possibly a few shavings of crayon wax. We couldn't find the missing piece of eraser, either, so I think Shadow may have eaten that too. The eraser piece was less than 1/2 centimeter around, but still. Has anyone else had their bun eat these kinds of things? Is there anything I should do for her, or is it just a matter of waiting it out and watching her?

Kim1218 wrote:
My daughter had a bucket of crayons, pencils, etc on the living room floor while Shadow was out. She wasn't paying attention, but she showed me a tip eraser with a small piece missing from it and told me that she thought Shadow ate it. When I went into the room to look for the piece Shadow had a crayon that she was munching on. She got a bit of the paper wrapper from the crayon and possibly a few shavings of crayon wax. We couldn't find the missing piece of eraser, either, so I think Shadow may have eaten that too. The eraser piece was less than 1/2 centimeter around, but still. Has anyone else had their bun eat these kinds of things? Is there anything I should do for her, or is it just a matter of waiting it out and watching her?
grasses and water-should correct any problem,...but this reminds me of when my granddaughter fell asleep and her homework assignment was eaten by the house rabbit--her teacher didnot believe her-so the evidence was provided-and she got credit...grasses and water...sincerely james waller:p

She had been just fine since last night. She hasn't pooed out anything unusual yet, and isn't acting funny at all. Maybe she didn't eat the eraser after all.

my wife put her papers that have been corrected on the floor till she's done with all of them, so, the kids are used to the rabbit eating their homework, or at least nibbling it.

Tony LOVES to eat rubber and has eaten erasers off, plus other sources of rubber, like door stoppers and stuff. Hope it passes soon! If you don't see it, I think in 3-4 days you shouldn't worry any more if she's acting fine.

I haven't found anything, and it's been 5 days. She never acted sick or uncomfortable, so I don't think she ate it after all. Thank goodness!

Back