rabbit piddles and poops on me and the furniture

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizzylinda

Reaction score
Hi,

My rabbit isn't neutered, considering having this done, though he is 4 years old now, so not sure if thats a good idea, he's kept indoors and loves to jump up on the furniture, he appears to understand the word 'no' when I say it to him to stop him jumping on the couch as he immediately pees on this, i got him a litter tray for when he's in the living room but has no interest and would prefer to pee and poo on me or the furniture, any suggestions before i make rabbit stew? just kidding bout that, love him to bits, and would allow him on the furniture all the time if he wouldn't use it as a toilet!

Hi some bunnies just decide to do their business on furniture or their owners.

My Buttercup use to do this at times. I just put old sheets with plastic in them on the sofaas he had the run of the family room. He wasn't in a cage for the 11 years I lived in my house. And yes the odd time when he was laying on me he would pee on me. I wore old clothes when I held him. To me a little pee on old clothes was nothing compared to the kisses he would give me when he was laying on me. He's so cute.

Now I have to have him in a cage as we now live in an apartment and I do not want him to chew the base boards or anything else. Mind you he's 12+ years old so I don't know how much he would chew. He actually sleeps most of the day.

Sorry I guess I really didn't give you much help here.

Susan:)

A lot of times when they are doing this it is to mark their territory. I would have him neutered as that would help. Four isn't that old and a vet would do a health check before surgery anyway.

Latest posts

Back