Rabbit photoshoot!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunnybunny63

Reaction score
My rabbits have been offered a photoshoot by a local photographer. She's offered to come to mine, but I sort of thing going to a studio could be fun. of course without the flash!

So either way, what ideas does everyone have for good photos of rabbits? I have two rabbits, they both adore each other but they aren't the most confident around people.

I was thinking of getting some different food they enjoy like carrots with tops on, cabbage, leaves from the garden for them to eat. The maybe some big flower pots and tunnels for them to sit in ect.

Any other ideas?

When my rabbits have their easter sessions I just peruse the dollar store. I've found some really cute props for them. Flowers to sit with, baskets to sit in, etc. At the studio she'll have neat props as well like a picket fence or a wagon maybe. I have a really neat rose picture with my little rabbit. I put vanilla extract on a fake rose. It smells sweet and she had never smelled it before. I got her to periscope up and smell it. Picture came out amazing and actually won a few awards. I just thought about a big cooking pot with some fake vegetables. lol sorry. make sure you have a towel or two so they dont skid around on slick surfaced props. And make sure you have lots of treats available. My one rabbit is a camera diva and LOVES to get her pictures done. Her bond mate is pretty shy and would only be good in pictures with her. Have fun with it and post pictures when they come out!

Oh, the best photos always come when the rabbit is just doing what he/she wants. Just let them walk around and snap a photo! Here are some that I got myself of my bunny Clover:
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1402100705.425998.jpg

I would love to take Shida and Bailey to a pro with a studio!

You should definitely take some of their favorite veggies with you. I have found that Silver is most still in photos when he is eating or at least concentrated on something. This is one of my best pictures of him that I got while he was eating some lettuce in my garden!
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1402167504.034377.jpg

We had a gal that wanted to expand her portfolio so she offered us a free photo shoot. These are some of the things we did.

16406_191707_360000003.jpg

Dollar store flowers
16406_241504_210000003.jpg

The bowl was a mixing bowl I had
16406_241508_280000000.jpg

This the one that won some awards. Another dollar store flower.
16406_241523_390000000.jpg

haha I have some christmas pictures somewhere too.

A photographer friend use to borrow a french lop and set up a neat tea party setting and put a little girl in an old dress, lace table cloth, the china, etc. They always came out absolutely gorgeous!

Have fun with it! People think I'm crazy for having their pictures professionally done but hey they're adorable and photogenic! The dogs get their pictures done with santy claus too :bunnydance:

Thanks for the suggestions. Those photos are great! Thats exactly what's happened to me, a local photographer was looking for dogs to photograph to expand hers too, so I offered my rabbits for some variety.

Do you mind if a show those photos with the photographer for ideas?

No please do! Shya loved the camera and was so good. I have a couple of these hanging up and people always ask me about them. Mostly why in the world would I have their pictures professionally done. I tried to send her rose picture to hallmark but they didnt take it. But I might be a little prejudice in thinking Shi shi belongs on a card!

I love the pictures of Shya, its so hard to take nice pictures of black rabbits and get their eyes to show up - you have to get the light just right, but when you do they are so cute :)

Latest posts

Back