Rabbit pees only when washing his cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antony

Reaction score
Our rabbit knows how to use the toilet to pee when he was a baby, now he is about 2 years old. My wife is responsible for washing his stuff.

Recently our rabbit rarely pees in normal time, but seems to wait to do this when my wife washes the cage and toilet (when he is put onto the floor and he is free to run everywhere). My wife cleans the floor everytime he pees, but he will keep repeating that, for many many times.

So in short, he rarely pees when he is in the cage, but wait to do this all when my wife washes his stuff. My wife let him out at night, and she said he never peed that time. So she think this is very abnormal, and it obviously annoys my wife.

Our rabbit is very healthy physically, so we have no idea what's wrong with him. Anyone has similar experience? Thanks.

Sent from my ME173X using Rabbit Forum mobile app

Rabbits are very territorial and do not like their cage changed or messed with. Maybe he can be put in a separate room supervised while she is cleaning so that he will not know what she is doing. Remember not to take so long so that he will not be forced to urinate outside of the box.

Also, it is important to clean up with something that will really remove the urine so that he does not continue to smell and know where he urinated before. Try vinegar and that works well.

Latest posts

Back