Rabbit on a Plane

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RileysMom

Reaction score
Im taking my rabbit on a 15hour plane ride! He will be in a soft carrier under the seat in frontof me. Ive purchased the carrier, and alittle cat bed to go in it, aswell as a small water bottle for layovers, and "wee wee pads" to go inthe bottom of the carrier to catch any leaks.....has anyone ever takena rabbit on a plane before and have some tips? thanks

You might put in his/her favorite toy or something to cuddle with. Planes are loud and scary =P

thanks, soft carriers are what u use when ur transporting in cabin, they fit under the seat.

Hehe...I was about to offer that thread...and noticed you already did, Pipp...:blushan:

And, though I don't consider myself to be the authority, I hope you find it helpful. :)

thanks.....all the info is kinda all over the place as far as carrier size and having to have a health certificate goes.

My carrier is bigger than regulations but the airline said it was fine,also on their site it said if your staying in the country you dont needa health certificate.

If you don't mind my asking, what airline areyou using? We (Trixie's current owner and I) could really usesaving that bit of money! :)

RileysMom wrote:
thanks.....all the infois kinda all over the place as far as carrier size and having to have ahealth certificate goes.

My carrier is bigger than regulations but the airline said it was fine,also on their site it said if your staying in the country you dont needa health certificate.

ActuallyI live in Canada, and its asmall airline here, woudlnt help you out im pretty sure.....how much isthe certificate?

Oh darn...:(

It's only $45, but every penny counts! :)

Wow 15 hours is a long plan ride for a bunny! Are you moving?

I would suggest taking her on car rides in her carrier to get her usedto being in it, if she isnt already. I would also put some of herfavorite veggies in the carrier and maybe some hay for her to munch on.

Good luck! When are you going?

Well its 15 hours all together with connections and stuff, so he will get a break.

Yes im moving, and i was told from the airline thathes notallowed to have anything like hay or veggies in the cage. Dont think idwant him eating much anyway, then he would poop! ha

im going in about 5 weeks, My rabbits cage is in the laundry room andhe hears the washer and dryer alot and the vibrations, so i think hespretty prepared, well moreso than most bunnies, and hes had some carrides and doesnt get upset.

Thats great if he's used to the washer and dryer. I think that will make it a lot easier for him.

If I were you, I would either sneak some hay in there or have some inyour purse. 15 hours is a long time for a bunny to go without food,IMO. You risk putting him into stasis if he's not allowed to eat duringthat time. I would at least carry something with you to give him on thelayovers...

Good luck and keep us posted!

oh yes, thats all i meant he cant have hay or food in his carrier , ill be feeding and giving him water on the layovers.

Latest posts

Back