Rabbit not breeding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunBun02

Reaction score
I have a male rabbit who is about 5-6mths he is a mini lop, his name is storm, storm was gonna be bred this weekend and to make sure his hormones kick in I tested him with another female, he didn't try, so I tried another female and I tried a lot of females and he was just chillin and want trying to breed, is there something wrong with him

Ps. He has balls and a penis I know he is defentialy a male

I've heard people say if they or overweight or don't get enough exercise it could make them too lazy to breed. So what is his weight like? He also might just be slow to mature. I had a male that didn't want to breed until he was 7 months.

Also, one thing that might stimulate his hormones would be to do a cage swap with a female over night for a few days. Let him hop around in her cage and just smell her scent without her being there.

As was suggested, he may be just slow to mature. What squidpop suggested is one option. You could also make sure a female is in a cage right next to him.

He is a normal weight (no fat rolls, not skinny)

He was in a hutch next to 2 females,

Do you have an older male you could use, and have storm close by to watch what he's supposed to do when they breed? Just an idea; otherwise, just keep trying until he figures it out.

Yes I have Oreo… I'll and if storm can come to and watch him or I will let him watch later … when I breed Oreo to someone else 😋

Usually my first-time bucks take a little bit to figure things out. 5-6 months is still pretty young. Just keep trying. It helps to have a particularly "ready" doe who will mount him and get things going.

Latest posts

Back