Rabbit not agreeing with 'cleaned' cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tambong

Reaction score
He has a hutch now. But I remember the 1st year I got him, he would always throw around the new straw bedding in a slightly annoyed fashion after cleaning.

He has 2 way of throwing straw:

- The 'free range I'm so happy I can be out of my cage' throw. He'll do it when his cage is open and has the freedom of stepping in and out usually when relaxing with the cage still open. This is one is more energetic, he'll often jump around throwing it with his mouth while turning in circles. Or sometimes when he's just lying in his cage he'll randomly throw some sideways in a lazy fashion.

- I find this the more funny one. The 'I don't like how you rearranged everything' throw. Usually when I cleaned his cage and replaced the straw, he would come to 'inspect'. I always spread the straw equally in orderly fashion, apparently he doesn't agree with that style.

He would look around the cage, sit in the middle turn around 360° to inspect. Afterwards he would always 'rearrange' the straw in an slightly annoyed slow fashion, like somebody who doesn't like the way their bed was made. 😂🤣

Has anybody experienced the same thing at some or multiple points?

Latest posts

Back