Rabbit Nightmares

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lloorren

Reaction score
I feel petrified after my cotton fell dead asleep next to me, had what appeared to be a nightmare and started letting out screams! I slowly rubbed her and woke her up and she fell asleep and had another nightmare... Are nightmares normal or a sign of sickness?

I'm not sure about the nightmares, but anytime you hear a rabbit scream, I would qualify that as an emergency. Take your rabbit to the vet immediately!

Good luck and I hope he/she feels better.

This is very strange. Rabbits usually only scream when they are hurt or dieing. :(

Sorry to graveyard this, but she's perfectly healthy (okay, a tiny bit spoiled. ;) ) but I really think those were just nightmares, as strange as it is to say, because she was dead asleep, making motions as if she was running, which she does from time to time... and she was spooked when she woke up at first, but has been fine ever since. I do believe it's possible that she can have vivid dreams, when we cuddle she goes into a deeper sleep than normal (not trancing)

Awww poor bunny. I've always wanted to know what animals are dreaming about. I have a cat who'll sometimes growl when he's having a dream.

Back