Rabbit never binkies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@rabbitmummy

Reaction score
My rabbit Fluffy doesn't binky when she's happy... Is this normal for som rabbits?

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1396078681.199941.jpg

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1396078733.688326.jpg

I have some that never stop and others that I've either never seen binky or I've only seen them do it once. Age sometimes play a role, breed can be a reason when combined with age. Lazy rabbits don't binky! One of my does binkied more than usual when pregnant! The young ones always binky the most in my experience. How old is she?

She's four in May but always seems really hyper... I've seen her do a really small binky ages ago but when she's happy she tends to show it through her ears by having on up and the other down. Her twin sister on the other hand always binkies even though they're the same age and breed

Each rabbit is different, it's not uncommon for one rabbit to binky and another not to, I wouldn't worry unless you think there might be a medical issue but hey, I've got a three legged bun and that doesn't stop him!

Aww! He's determined to binky thanks for the advice now I can relax mowing it's not very unusual👍

Some do and some don't. Hutch is our binky king, Peanut won't take three steps, and Serena, our 20 pound Checkered Giant gets air too. We've had Bambi for 7 years and haven't seen her do it once--she follows us around and will come when called and tooth purrs when her head or ears are rubbed. Each one is different.

Could Fluffy be doing "secret" binkies?

One of my rabbits binkies only in "secret". The humans can't know watch, or can only do so hidden away (think behind a curtain or a door). But, we know this because she does it fairly consistently, twice a day (early morning, and then again late morning), and she's been doing this for years and years. She goes on for about 30 minutes each time. You can also usually tell because she's a little out of breath afterwards.

Another one of my rabbits binkies only in tiny bursts, which aren't really noticeable unless you are paying attention. It happens usually when I bring out fresh hay, and he does a quick binky into the litter bin. It lasts about a second only. Otherwise, this guy has the most fun and writhing-around flopovers ever seen.

Thank you! Today I spotted Fluffy binky when she couldn't see me watching so in other words in secret! Thank you :)

So far, I have only seen Honey Bun do it when she was still a fugitive running free in my yard and the neighboring woods. I almost feel guilty for having captured her because to watch her leaping like that when she was free was amazing. It was pure joy on her cute little face. Alas, I was able to catch her and bring her inside to safety but I've yet to see her jump like that in her room. It's only been two weeks, though, so perhaps she will eventually. It is fun to watch them.

Back