rabbit making whining sounds

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenApple

Reaction score
Hi,

My bun is recovering from GI stasis. She is doing better but she hates to be syringe fed. She has done it all, from grunting to biting, jumping, running, scratching, and others. But yesteday she made whining noises for the first time ever. The way I feed her is a lock us in the bathroom, I place her in the floor, burrito roll her in a towel, sit on the floor and try to feed her. I chose the bathroom because she is messy, and it is easier to clean tiles than carpet, plus she is sheding like crazy so I like to contain the shedding to certain places (easier to clean up). I lock us up because she is a slippery one, she scapes her burrito hold easily and she is quite the acrobat, if she finds a way she will try to run away. She is not eating well so I need to syinge feed her until her appetite is back to normal. But yestday when I placed her in the bathroom, she ran, stompped around, and when I tried to lift her up to feed her she whinned. It scared me so I stopped the whole feeding thing and let her go. Did I stress her too much? what does the whining mean? has anyone experienced this? should I stop syringe feeding her?

How much hay is she eating? If she's eating enough hay you could probably stop the syringe feeding. As my rabbit started to feel better, I didn't syringe feed as much. Maybe she's getting enougn hay and the extra syringe feeding is too much and making her too full. If she's eating her cilantro and hay you just need to look at the amount she's eating and decide if you need to be supplementing. Even if she isn't eating pellets yet she can still be getting enough food through eating hay. The syringe feeding is when they're not eating or you really don't feel like they're eating enough. You could ask your vet.

I am thinking the whining is just another way to say she is not happy being forced to do something:) My rabbit is very quiet, but recently, I tranced her on her back to clip her nails. This always worked in the past, but she began panting and whining, so I had to let her up, and we clipped another way. Again, she is much more mature now than a few mos ago that I clipped her nails this way. Not sure why the whining, but I think just saying "don't like this".

However, since she is recovering from illness, I would consult your dr.

Latest posts

Back