Rabbit licked (possibly chewed) rusty bolt...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenk

Reaction score
I allowed our male bun access to our bathroom and turned my back on him for a total of maybe 10-15 seconds. When I went back to see what he was doing on the far side of the toilet, I found his mouth around a rusty bolt at its base. (The previous homeowners installed the wrong bolt size, which is too long for caps to be placed over them.)

If he managed to ingest some rust from the bolt (which is likely), how concerned should I be?

Thank you,

Jenk

angieluv wrote:
I don't think that it it will affect him negatively at all

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_can_happen_to_you_if_you_eat_rust

I suspect that our guy wasn't trying to supplement his iron content but was just being his usual mouthy self. (He is soooo fixated with the toilet in general.) :biggrin2:

Thank you for the information. I've marked down the date that he (likely) ingested the rust and will try to dispel my concerns in the meantime.

rusty toilet/base bolt,,should not be a problem/unless there are large chunks falling off/consumed--one might be concerned about the bolts location..ie.bacteria growth...sincerely james waller..water and hay

Latest posts

Back