Rabbit Jealousy or Protecting Territory

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheetos mom

Reaction score
My new rabbit and I have become very close.He'll spend considerable amounts of time grooming me. Most of ourquality time is spend alne together out on the patio.

Yesterday, my husband was home from work during the day. He had justundergone some minor surgery. I locked Don Cheeto up for much longerthan I normally would because its difficult for my husband to move andI didn't want Cheeto under foot.

After letting Cheeto out, he raced around me several times, only stopping to thump his little feet at me.

Then, last night he repeatedly scratched and nipped at my husband'sfeet while we sat on the patio. He attempted this again this morning onthe patio. The body language suggested anger, not the normal scratchingand little love bites. (He'd lick my feet, then turn around abruptlyand try to nip my husband.)

Does Cheeto perceive the patio to be his? How do I break him of this? Iwould like to discipline him in a fashion that is appropriate to bunnybeavior.

Thanks.

Thanks. I read the site, but the behavior onlyseems to be with my husband. I could probably shave Cheeto (orsomething else equally as frightening or undesirable) and he wouldn'tdo much. (Mind you I have only had him less than a week. So, give himsome time ;) )

Hi Cheeto’sMom…quick question…what do you mean by making the eek noise?(Sorry, I’m a little ignorant about some things still!)

Janet, Buddha and Bella

I'm really looking forward to seeing more postson this topic. My little guy loves me to death, but he charges andhisses at my fiance. We did buy some Craisons this week, hoping thattreats might ease some of this behavior. It seems to be working, atleast part of the time. Do rabbits bond with just one person?

Mayday,

The site mentioned above has some really good bunny info. and that'swhat it suggests.... There is sooo much info. there, you may havealready read it but forgotten! :)

Sounds like Cheetojust maybe jealouse. usually you a nd heare on the patio together ,uhoh now comes a third personand your not givingCheeto your undevided attention .Maybe Hubby has a few hours tobond with the little pooper?that would certainly help a bit.

Its a male to male thing....seriously.....

In October of last year we started having trouble with Nimue and my dad....

Nimué would besitting by the door or something and my dad would walk into the roomand Nimué would just outright attack him[/b]

This was of course PRE NEUTER! :D

Nimué attacked my dad a total of 3 timesduring the month of October and let me tell you my dad was MORE thenhappy to schedule aneuter!

If your bunnies haven’t already beenneutered then I would suggest doing that as SOON as possible :) Itisn’t a quick fix or anything, Nimué just recently stopped caring thatmy dad was in the room. And I mean it’s been what 6 months!

I guess it would be kinda scary having a22lb ball of fur with sharp teeth running afteryou http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000

I must say that Nimué is such a big babywith me, and has NEVER bit me once, but before he was neutered he wouldtake any chance he got to bite my dad!

~Amy

My husband and Cheeto spent some together bonding, so much, in fact, that admittedly I was the jealous one this time!!!

I also spent time with my husband relaying what I had learned from thecheat sheet, ie. what a "binky" is and the significance of licking,etc...

Now, how do I separate the two of them?! ;)

Cheetoes Mom I am sittinghere giggling like a mad womanthats so funny , kinda hard todecide wich is worsenon bonded hubby and rabbit or a bondedpair , lol but all in all itssounds like a win win situationfor you really .

You're right, Gypsy. LuvaBun's response is toodarn funny. My husband loves the idea, but says that I need to addbinkys to my "To Do List". :)

LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I want to seepictures when you do thatLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am justso happy everything is goingso well for you , Iam such a sap for sucessstories ,.

Latest posts

Back