Rabbit Issues!!!! Please Read!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOBYnPANCAKES

Reaction score
Ok so three months ago I got Toby (3 year old Mini Lop Mix) neutered. Shortly after I brought home baby pancakes (now 14 months old holland lop). Since these huge changes Toby hasn't been the same. He has become quite arrogant doesn't like the things he liked before and doesn't seem to like me much unless I rub his head. Besides that he has had loose stools. The major problem. Not diarrhea but long soft smelly gross ones that often get stuck to his feet and fur. I tried changing up his food to a higher fiber one. And started giving him occasionally some green leafy veggies. No luck. I tried bananas, he doesn't eat them. He doesn't seem to like any treat. So I don't bother. He has lost weight but eats like normal. Right now he is on timothy hay pellets and timothy hay. Thats it and still no luck. I don't know what could be wrong. But its of real concern. He just doesn't seem to be his normal happy self anymore. :[ I know that some change is due to the neutering but I honestly didn't think it could go this far. What do you guys think???

i would say pump up the fiber, but you already did that, so i dunno. bring him to the vet and be like "this happened since the surgery, were there any complications during the procedure?" and see what they say and if they'll have a look.

Yeah exactly I totally thought the higher fiber food would do the trick. But yes I have a appointment set up for this friday!! Can't come soon enough! Thanks for replying! Appreciate it! :]

Hmm, is the loose stool since the neuter or since the newcomer baby bun? Or both?

Long smelly mushy poo sounds to me like coccidia but you'd have to bring him to a vet to be sure. It could be stress, from post surgery and having another bunny around (especially if the baby bun is not neutered/spayed?). Definitely get it checked out. Long term loose stool and refusing treats he used to eat sounds very off.

Latest posts

Back