Rabbit Isn't Herself Today

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savannah1687

Reaction score
Last night Rabbit started acting strange. She was laying beside her litter box and wasn't as active as usual. First off, she NEVER lays in that spot and she spent last night and most of today there. She looks pitiful too, she keeps squinting her eyes and laying her ears back. Her pees and poops are normal. I thought maybe it was just gas....and then my dad said she ate something out of the yard yesterday afternoon. Wild onion or something? I've tried to find out if it could hurt her but I'm not even really sure that my dad knows what he's talking about.

Sooo....any advice would be great. Thanks!

How is she today? She might have a tummy ache from something. Simethicone drops for babies are fine to give her just in case she has gas - just give her a drop in her little mouth. They don't taste bad and they're inexpensive.

Keep close watch on her poos. Bo was acting like that one day last week and then suddenly his poos are dark and hard and not as many as I like to see - so he's on hay and pumpkin. He's not happy about it either! :mad:but I've seen better poos in just hours.

Keep us posted!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Simethicone drops for babies are fine to give her just incase she has gas - just give her a drop in her little mouth. They don't taste bad and they're inexpensive.
:yeahthat

You can actually give her a whole dropper full, rabbits actually get a higher dose than babies. (Go figure). But the stuff works wonders, and it can't hurt her.

Keep us updated!

sas

I think the thing that says one drop is about a whole dropper full - I could be wrong. But I didn't know they got more than the babies!!!

Is Rabbit feeling any better?

I actually bought a bottle of simethicone drops today since reading this. I want to just have it on hand since Bo was acting a little off this week.

Hope your bun is better !

Latest posts

Back