Rabbit help please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniffy

Reaction score
My rabbit called Sniffy or Night he is 2 years old and he is nueted

My rabbit is loloping in my leaving room when I'm in theroom. usely he live in the balcony and I opend to him thedoor and he is comeing in. He allways comeing in and sit here andthere, and sometime"Bomb" little"bombs" under thesofa. But he sometime "spritze" to mark his tretory and he do that withlifting his tail up and pee around the house. we said to him thatswrong and made sure he will understand thats wrong. and he got it, butlightly he do it again! What shell I do? thanks for helping!

Remember, it's not *your* room, it's *his* roomthat he is marking :) Spaying/neutering is often helpful incurbing this behavior.

Also, please be aware that many of us find the use of "four letterwords" offensive on a public board. You can refer to thelittle poops in any othernumber of creative ways such as"pills", "pellets" or "presents", but the "s" word is not considered ingood taste for this board. :cool:

Pam

Sorry, I'll try to remember that, actuely Iplaned to write "bombs" but I wasnt sure everyone will get it. He isneutring! And I'm out of Idias what to do now next... It allready pastMORE then 0.5 year since we neutr himso he should stop doingthat.

Is he litter box trained? That isusually helpful. My rabbits aren't allowed in any rooms otherthen the one their cages are in and that seems to help too.Sage is litter trained and he almost always makes it back to the cageto his box. Daisy is somewhat litter box trained and Basil,well she has her corner, but a litter box won't fit in it because theramp to her second level is there, but them seem to usually make itback to the cage to go. Accidents will happen. Ifind vinegar and water in a 1:1 solution works well.

Maybe try to give your bunny a smallarea to run around in. Get a litter box close to his/hercage. Territory little marks will be made here and therewhich is normal, the real experts will answersoon.And welcome to the forum:D

Thanks for helping... But I want to come and lethim in... Hes "bombs" are easier to care. Is the pee I want to end, hegot allready a "pee spot" (the bottome of a plant place) tosit in, and he do most of his "bombs" there. If you got more idiaspolease write. thanks for trying

He might be marking certain places as histerritory boundaries. the only thing I can think of if there are only afew places he sprays is to keep some small litter trays in those placesand try and train him to use them. Does he have somewhere he can go inthe room when he needs to?

Maybe he just needs reminding of where he can go or maybe if thingshave changed at all in the room or your life he's a bit upset and he'llsettle down with some careful reminding like you trained him before.Rabbits don't like change much.

I hope you have success

Kate

I had a similar problem with one of my bucks lastsummer. I tried everything and in the end, the only way I got him tostop this, was to block off the area he was peeing in. He wouldactually move the box I put there out of the way!

In the meantime, scrub the area thouroughly with vinegar to get rid of the smell.

It doesn't always stop spraying when you have a rabbit neutered. Sometimes it can but not always.

Generally that behaviour calms down with age I believe.

Sniffy wrote:
Thanks for helping... But I want to come and let him in...Hes "bombs" are easier to care. Is the pee I want to end, he gotallready a "pee spot" (the bottome of a plant place) to sitin, and he do most of his "bombs" there. If you got more idias poleasewrite. thanks for trying
I would then try placing the litter boxin the area whe he bombs the most:D

He dont have the most place. and its me leavingroom!!!!!!!!!!! I cant put a bomb in the middle. Thanks for tryingguys. I'll try the thing that stop the smell... If you got any moreidias Please post. ;)

Latest posts

Back