Rabbit Has Been Knitted

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarotknits

Reaction score
I got this rabbit pattern from a knitting social and pattern site called Ravelry and so I got to work knitting it up this last week. Here it is in all its bunnycloth glory.

bunnydishcloth.jpg

Thanks everyone, it did turn out pretty well. I wish knitting was hard so it would indicate I was clever but its just not. Two sticks a bit of a string and a few youtube videos and anyone can make this dishcloth. I highly recommend taking it up as you can get alot done watching tv and sitting with your bun.I save alot of money knitting for holidays and birthdays instead of buying presents.This dishcloth minus the needles as I already had them cost me a whooping 1.47.

Quite welcome Susan, show us pics if you get one done! I might start another one I saw on Ravelry after the holidays but too much Christmas knitting to do right now.

It would make a pretty sweater you are right. I haven't attempted a sweater yet. Gloves, hats, dishcloths, shawls, market bags I can do.

Scarves so far are my bane. I've attempted one and got about 4 inches on it. Scarves are very LONNNNGG projects. Where a hat might be anywhere from 9-10 inches for a long hat a scarf is about 50-60 inches. Just the thought of that boggles my mind. Dishcloths are good starter projects for more stitches because even if you mess up..hey its a dishcloth! It's not going to judge you.

Angie what kind of yarn do you use? I was looking at some cotton yarn the other day but it was multi colour and I wasn't sure the bunny would show up, so I didn't get it.

In want pink lol my favorite colour.

Susan:)

I use Peaches & Creme or Lily Sugar'n Cream brands for dishcloths. For washcloths for the face Hobby Lobby has I Love This Cotton brand. All those brands are durable and hold up well. For picture knitting like this any varigated yarn won't show your picture well so I like using solids. You can find good solid colors at Wal-Mart, Michael's, and Hobby Lobby.

As for making them, I could get a couple together after Christmas. Right now my knitting hands are tied with gifts for the family. Christmas is one of the busy and stressful times for knitters. My hands were about torn off knitting a hat in one day for my Father-In-Law as we were going to his house and wouldn't see him till after Christmas. After Christmas I'll see what I can do =)

I think I used a 7 or 8 US. though 5,6,7,8 would all work. It depends on how big you want it really. 7 or 8 would be best I think.

I knitting one now as I type this (at work) in lime green.

I bought BERNAT Handicrafter Cotton. Hopefully it will be ok. It looks ok so far.

Susan:)

Back